My 2007 Positional Rankings are up (TOP 150 IS UP) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My 2007 Positional Rankings are up (TOP 150 IS UP)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:35 pm

cordscords wrote:Nice work as always ;-D

BTW- Any chance of ADP and deviation like you did before?


Unfortunately no. In order to make timely updates, I've decided to no longer post them. That and I've done my own tweaks to them this year as well, so they aren't exactly just the straight up compiled rankings like in year's past.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:18 am

Good stuff, thanks. This filled a lot of holes for me.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby davidmarver » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 am

Peavy behind Zambrano and Webb is a mistake.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 am

davidmarver wrote:Peavy behind Zambrano and Webb is a mistake.


Not that your biased or anything... ;-)

Yeah, Peavy, Zambrano and Webb are all pretty close. I really can't argue taking Peavy over those two.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby davidmarver » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:18 pm

ironman wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Peavy behind Zambrano and Webb is a mistake.


Not that your biased or anything... ;-)

Yeah, Peavy, Zambrano and Webb are all pretty close. I really can't argue taking Peavy over those two.

If you glance at 3-year totals, averages, or most saber statistics, Peavy should be ranked just ahead of Zambrano, both of whom should be a tier above Webb.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Seanyfever » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:58 am

Some mild critics, but a solid list Ironman. I recall your list last year too. Well done!
Image
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Response Team
Posts: 6710
(Past Year: 249)
Joined: 6 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Enjoying America's Pastime with a Canadian Beer!

Postby ironman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:38 am

davidmarver wrote:
ironman wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Peavy behind Zambrano and Webb is a mistake.


Not that your biased or anything... ;-)

Yeah, Peavy, Zambrano and Webb are all pretty close. I really can't argue taking Peavy over those two.

If you glance at 3-year totals, averages, or most saber statistics, Peavy should be ranked just ahead of Zambrano, both of whom should be a tier above Webb.


Did some tweaking yesterday and Peavy is now ahead of Z and Webb. The new update won't be published until Monday or Tuesday.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby BeanTown » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:52 am

Ironman,

What I always find useful/interesting is which sources you use to compile your info. For example I see that Funston, Evans, and Buser's positional rankings as well as a composite of them are up on the Yahoo site. Are these lists that are included in your aggregate? This info would tell me which other lists I should or shouldn't bother with. If they're already taken into account in your rankings then I'm less likely to look at them independantly. If you have a list available that would be useful.

Thanks
Image
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 188
Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Winning!

Postby The Thrill » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:38 pm

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing! ;-D
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1317
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Batting Leadoff

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 am

BeanTown wrote:Ironman,

What I always find useful/interesting is which sources you use to compile your info. For example I see that Funston, Evans, and Buser's positional rankings as well as a composite of them are up on the Yahoo site. Are these lists that are included in your aggregate? This info would tell me which other lists I should or shouldn't bother with. If they're already taken into account in your rankings then I'm less likely to look at them independantly. If you have a list available that would be useful.

Thanks


Yeah right now I've included the following sources in my compilation,

RotoTimes
FoxSports
FantasySportsCentral
RotoChamps
SportFanatics
Sportsline
BaseballDoctors
Tristan Cockroft

Keep in mind that I also then tweak the rankings myself so this isn't a straight up compilation of these sources.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact