WOW...these cops are holes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WOW...these cops are holes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: WOW...these cops are holes

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Madison wrote:'Twas nothing more than example. If the police have to stop and treat all crimials like saints, something bad will happen at some point.

What's your definition of treating all criminals like saints? If someone in police custody needs medical attention they should get it, period.

Madison wrote:I don't see how they mistreated her. They just didn't believe her, or go out of their way for her. That's not mistreatment.

They mistreated her by not giving her the necessary medical attention that she needed.

Madison wrote:A repeated criminal had some misfortune. Whoop-de-do. I won't lose a wink of sleep over a criminal not being able to bring a child into the world that most likely either would have been mistreated, or a ward of the state anyway.

We may as well abort all babies concieved by criminals. I mean, noone has ever made a better life for themselves than their parents had.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:A repeated criminal had some misfortune. Whoop-de-do. I won't lose a wink of sleep over a criminal not being able to bring a child into the world that most likely either would have been mistreated, or a ward of the state anyway.

We may as well abort all babies concieved by criminals. I mean, noone has ever made a better life for themselves than their parents had.

Agreed ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:09 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:'Twas nothing more than example. If the police have to stop and treat all crimials like saints, something bad will happen at some point.

What's your definition of treating all criminals like saints? If someone in police custody needs medical attention they should get it, period.

I mean by believing her story to begin with. She "said" she needed medical attention. Why exactly should this repeat criminal be believed?

Even then, she broke the law, so she has to live with the consequences of those actions. If that means not getting immediate medical care, then so be it.

Imagine you had World Series tickets and you chose not to do the routine maintenence on your car. It breaks down on your way to the game and you miss it. Your fault. Same situation. She chose to break the law, so she's not worth any additional effort other than to arrest and jail her worthless butt.

Are we really defending a child abuser here? This is exactly what I talk about when I talk about the country being too soft. :-P

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:I don't see how they mistreated her. They just didn't believe her, or go out of their way for her. That's not mistreatment.

They mistreated her by not giving her the necessary medical attention that she needed.

Not hardly. Sell that to someone else. Usually your arguments are pretty good Art, but you reached way out of the pool on this one. She was not mistreated at all.

She took the medical attention out of her own hands as soon as she broke the law.

Art Vandelay wrote:

We should sterilize the child abusers. Then this wouldn't be an issue. ;-D

Yes, that final statement had a bit of sarcasm to it, as debating the rights of a child abuser and repeated criminal is ridiculous to me.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Madison wrote:I mean by believing her story to begin with. She "said" she needed medical attention. Why exactly should this repeat criminal be believed?

She was bleeding. At three months you can generally start to tell by appearance that someone is pregnant. I would think that those two indicators would tell most people that something was wrong and she needed medical attention.

Madison wrote:Even then, she broke the law, so she has to live with the consequences of those actions. If that means not getting immediate medical care, then so be it.

Not only did she not get immediate medical care, but she didn't get any at all. She not the only one who has to live with the consequences, the unborn child has to live with them as well, or not live with them, in this case.

Madison wrote:Are we really defending a child abuser here? This is exactly what I talk about when I talk about the country being too soft. :-P

No, I'm defending everyone who has ever, or will ever be in police custody and need medical attention.

Madison wrote:Not hardly. Sell that to someone else. Usually your arguments are pretty good Art, but you reached way out of the pool on this one. She was not mistreated at all.

If not giving a bleeding person medical attention isn't mistreatment, what do you consider mistreatment? Or do you think that nobody in police custody should get medical care?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:I mean by believing her story to begin with. She "said" she needed medical attention. Why exactly should this repeat criminal be believed?

She was bleeding. At three months you can generally start to tell by appearance that someone is pregnant. I would think that those two indicators would tell most people that something was wrong and she needed medical attention.

Madison wrote:Even then, she broke the law, so she has to live with the consequences of those actions. If that means not getting immediate medical care, then so be it.

Not only did she not get immediate medical care, but she didn't get any at all. She not the only one who has to live with the consequences, the unborn child has to live with them as well, or not live with them, in this case.

Madison wrote:Are we really defending a child abuser here? This is exactly what I talk about when I talk about the country being too soft. :-P

No, I'm defending everyone who has ever, or will ever be in police custody and need medical attention.

Madison wrote:Not hardly. Sell that to someone else. Usually your arguments are pretty good Art, but you reached way out of the pool on this one. She was not mistreated at all.

If not giving a bleeding person medical attention isn't mistreatment, what do you consider mistreatment? Or do you think that nobody in police custody should get medical care?

I apologize. I can normally discuss practically anything without losing my cool, but I'm going to end my part here as it's starting to bug me that anyone would or could defend and/or suggest that our police go out of their way to help a repeat criminal and child abuser, when had she not broken the law to begin with, none of this would have been a problem. She chose it all, it's her fault, yet for some reason the police are supposed to be responsible for it. That's absurd. Might as well give the alkie behind the wheel another drink while you're at it, I'm all done as it's too ridiculous to waste any more time with.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:49 pm

I know you want to get out of this discussion, so forgive my for trying to drag you back in, but do you think that nobody in police custody should get medical attention? Not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm curious if you think people in the custody of police should be refused medical care in general, or just in this case.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:09 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I know you want to get out of this discussion, so forgive my for trying to drag you back in, but do you think that nobody in police custody should get medical attention? Not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm curious if you think people in the custody of police should be refused medical care in general, or just in this case.

No problem Art, really. ;-)

I don't mind giving those in jail reasonable medical care if they've got nothing better to do. In this particular case, they had to arrest her, book her, etc., so any special medical care or whatever could wait, as she is 100% responsible for this entire mess.

For me it all boils down to the fact that if she hadn't broken the law, she'd have made it to the hospital on her own and this wouldn't be a story. But for some reason, everyone wants to blame the police, which in my eyes is ridiculous, because the blame and fault of this is squarely on her shoulders for breaking the law to begin with. At what point do people have to start being responsible for their own actions?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:37 pm

The more that I think about and research this, the more that I see that she really got hosed here. It is quite apparent that she was driving with a fake temporary plate because she was experiencing bleeding from the vagina. If I was a woman and this was happening to me, I would have broken the law, too. Same thing if my wife was having this happen to her. If I had no license or registration, there are more important things to worry about.

[quote]Police ignored woman’s pleas
By CHRISTINE VENDEL
The Kansas City Star
Sofia Salva said she was nearly four months pregnant when police pulled over the car she was driving in February 2006 for a false temporary license plate.
Image from police car dash camera
Sofia Salva said she was nearly four months pregnant when police pulled over the car she was driving in February 2006 for a false temporary license plate.

* Police tape of the arrest of Sofia Salva | video

Two Kansas City police officers repeatedly ignored a pregnant woman’s claims that she was bleeding and needed medical help, a police videotape released Tuesday shows.

Sofia Salva told officers nine times during the first five minutes of the stop that she was bleeding or wanted to go to a hospital. After the ninth request, a female officer asked: “How is that my problem?â€
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
I also don't see anything anymore about charges of child abuse.

Eventually, the officers call in Salva’s information to a dispatcher and learn she has outstanding city warrants for mistreatment of children

I think she got hosed too. But i'd feel worse if it was a good person
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:32 am

acsguitar wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
I also don't see anything anymore about charges of child abuse.

Eventually, the officers call in Salva’s information to a dispatcher and learn she has outstanding city warrants for mistreatment of children

I think she got hosed too. But i'd feel worse if it was a good person

I definitely don't condone mistreatment of children in any way but I would look for some official charges before I would consider burning her at the stake and refusing treatment for a medical condition.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk