Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: WOW...these cops are holes

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:19 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
DaQ wrote:They should be fired :-t

Yeah, because criminals are so trustworthy they should always be believed:

The officers stopped Salva after they saw her placing a fake temporary tag on the back window of her car.

The officers handcuffed Salva after learning she had outstanding warrants for mistreatment of children, trespassing and several traffic violations.

Little angel, ain't she? ;-7

They couldn't tend to her medical needs and do their police work as well?? It would seem like erring on the side of caution is always the best thing to do.

Until the cop ends up getting a knife in his back or something. People seem to be forgetting that this *woman* is a criminal. She broke the law repeatedly, not to mention that at least one of her warrants for the mistreatment of a child(!). So now the police should listen and care about her? Her word or minor pain means squat. I don't believe the police should go out of their way to do something for a criminal.

Want the cops to treat you reasonably? Don't be a criminal. Seems pretty simple to me. :-D

I am not saying that they should have had a limo pick her up and then ask her to come back so that they could process her. She wasn't accused of armed robbery or anything so I don't know how the knife statement applies here but couldn't they have just cuffed her?? Cuffing her and getting her medical attention seems simple enough. There are different levels of criminals but committing a crime shouldn't be reason enough to refuse medical attention to someone, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

The officers stopped Salva after they saw her placing a fake temporary tag on the back window of her car.

The officers handcuffed Salva after learning she had outstanding warrants for mistreatment of children, trespassing and several traffic violations.

They couldn't tend to her medical needs and do their police work as well?? It would seem like erring on the side of caution is always the best thing to do.

Until the cop ends up getting a knife in his back or something. People seem to be forgetting that this *woman* is a criminal. She broke the law repeatedly, not to mention that at least one of her warrants for the mistreatment of a child(!). So now the police should listen and care about her? Her word or minor pain means squat. I don't believe the police should go out of their way to do something for a criminal.

Want the cops to treat you reasonably? Don't be a criminal. Seems pretty simple to me. :-D

I am not saying that they should have had a limo pick her up and then ask her to come back so that they could process her. She wasn't accused of armed robbery or anything so I don't know how the knife statement applies here but couldn't they have just cuffed her?? Cuffing her and getting her medical attention seems simple enough. There are different levels of criminals but committing a crime shouldn't be reason enough to refuse medical attention to someone, IMHO.

You know me. I'm a heartless SOB. A repeated criminal with warrants for abuse to a child? Now she "supposedly" (at the time no one knew for sure) needed medical attention for her child? She could have bled to death for all I care, but I have zero sympathy for criminals.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

You know me. I'm a heartless SOB. A repeated criminal with warrants for abuse to a child? Now she "supposedly" (at the time no one knew for sure) needed medical attention for her child? She could have bled to death for all I care, but I have zero sympathy for criminals.

BTW I have some good advice for new gun laws that my girlfriend said is cruel.

People who commit crimes with guns get there hand cut off. Committ two crimes and off goes both hands. No more gun crimes ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:09 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

People who commit crimes with guns get there hand cut off. Committ two crimes and off goes both hands. No more gun crimes ;-D

I could live with that. It will never pass, but I'd support it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Another "ACS is right" post?!?

What's going on around here!!! X-I X-I X-I
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:15 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:

I could live with that. It will never pass, but I'd support it. ;-D

Yeah, I think the Taliban did that. :-b
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:16 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Another "ACS is right" post?!?

That tides are turning my friend.

I think i saw JTWOOD agree with me yesterday too!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:17 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Another "ACS is right" post?!?

The "acs is right" post is very en vogue right now. ;-)
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Madison wrote:Until the cop ends up getting a knife in his back or something.

She was already in custody, so if anyone got stabbed in the back it would be because they didn't do their job when they brought her in.

Madison wrote:People seem to be forgetting that this *woman* is a criminal. She broke the law repeatedly, not to mention that at least one of her warrants for the mistreatment of a child(!).

Nobody is saying that she isn't a criminal, and shouldn't be held accountable for her crimes, but that doesn't give the police to right to mistreat her, or anyone else in their custody.

Madison wrote:So now the police should listen and care about her? Her word or minor pain means squat. I don't believe the police should go out of their way to do something for a criminal.

Yes, they should listen and care about her. Criminal or not, she is in their custody and they are responsible for her well-being. Also, there is more to the story than just her. After she was released she gave premature birth, but the child was alive momentarily. Maybe if she would have gotten the medical attention she needed they could have saved the baby.

Police have a duty to protect and serve everyone, even those (and arguably especially those) who are in their custody.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:31 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:Until the cop ends up getting a knife in his back or something.

She was already in custody, so if anyone got stabbed in the back it would be because they didn't do their job when they brought her in.

'Twas nothing more than example. If the police have to stop and treat all crimials like saints, something bad will happen at some point.

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:People seem to be forgetting that this *woman* is a criminal. She broke the law repeatedly, not to mention that at least one of her warrants for the mistreatment of a child(!).

Nobody is saying that she isn't a criminal, and shouldn't be held accountable for her crimes, but that doesn't give the police to right to mistreat her, or anyone else in their custody.

I don't see how they mistreated her. They just didn't believe her, or go out of their way for her. That's not mistreatment.

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:So now the police should listen and care about her? Her word or minor pain means squat. I don't believe the police should go out of their way to do something for a criminal.

Yes, they should listen and care about her. Criminal or not, she is in their custody and they are responsible for her well-being. Also, there is more to the story than just her. After she was released she gave premature birth, but the child was alive momentarily. Maybe if she would have gotten the medical attention she needed they could have saved the baby.

Police have a duty to protect and serve everyone, even those (and arguably especially those) who are in their custody.

A repeated criminal had some misfortune. Whoop-de-do. I won't lose a wink of sleep over a criminal not being able to bring a child into the world that most likely either would have been mistreated, or a ward of the state anyway.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk