This years Verlander? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This years Verlander?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:16 pm

eftda wrote:
clarence worley wrote:I'll go with Lincecum and then Bailey, although i don't think either will come close to what Verlander did last year. Lincecum is the top choice for me because he could thrive either as a starter or in the bullpen.

Lincecum definitely has the talent to be an Ace, but I would think that the Giants would save him for 2008. Kinda like what they did with Cain.

If he continues to dominate in advanced leagues, then I don't see why they would hold him back. They certainly didn't hold back Cain at all and he was younger/less polished.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby clarence worley » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:35 pm

Yoda wrote:
eftda wrote:
clarence worley wrote:I'll go with Lincecum and then Bailey, although i don't think either will come close to what Verlander did last year. Lincecum is the top choice for me because he could thrive either as a starter or in the bullpen.

Lincecum definitely has the talent to be an Ace, but I would think that the Giants would save him for 2008. Kinda like what they did with Cain.

If he continues to dominate in advanced leagues, then I don't see why they would hold him back. They certainly didn't hold back Cain at all and he was younger/less polished.

Matt Cain was drafted in 2002 and only pitched 46 innings in 2005. Or, are you saying that Lincecum is more polished than Cain was last year and so why would they treat him any different?
clarence worley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 pm

clarence worley wrote:
Yoda wrote:
eftda wrote:

Matt Cain was drafted in 2002 and only pitched 46 innings in 2005. Or, are you saying that Lincecum is more polished than Cain was last year and so why would they treat him any different?

Linc is more polished IMO than Cain was when he was given a shot in the rotation. SF will need all the pitching they have with their awful offense so if Linc dominates in AA or AAA, then I don't think they will hold him back.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Hard to predict a guy getting a bunch of luck for half a season and thats mostly what happened with Verlander. He pitched almost exactly as well in the 2nd half as the 1st half but didn't get a lucky hit rate so his ERA rose into the 4's and his whip into the 1.4's for that half.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Adam Miller..
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:23 pm

I like Billingsley to be the bustout guy this year.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby rich101682 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Matt Riley

rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby RynMan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Miller was my first thought as well. I don't think Gallardo sees any time in the bigs in 07.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:21 pm

Gallardo is the teams #8 SP so I wouldn't expect much out of him this year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby boston fan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Homer bailey homer bailey Homer Bailey
boston fan
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext