Assassins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Assassins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Assassins

Postby DaQ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:42 am

Has anyone ever played this game before?

Basically each participant is given a name of a person they have to "kill." After "killing" your target, your next victim is the target of the person who you killed (i.e. You "kill" person A. Person A's target was person B. You now are looking to "kill" person B).

A bunch of people on my floor (including myself) started playing it tonight. We each gave a little $$ to increase the pot as well (1st, 2nd and 3rd get a monetary reward) so everyone in the game is playing with effort and will actually care if they get eliminated.

Our game version is a bit different than what you may have played though. Usually, people use water guns or nerf guns. For us, if we draw an "X" on any skin beneath the shoulder, that is considered a "kill." Our dorm room and the bathroom are safe havens.

The game began tonight. In the halls, paranoid as I am, I wear a sweatshirt tucked inside my jeans and make sure to always carry around my gloves (since the hand/arm is the easiest place to get hit). I don't think I want to do this every single time I leavev te dorm room, but stay on the floor (when I go outside I wear heavier winter jacket and I can simply wear my sweatshirt with hands in my pockets, as well as maybe bring gloves, when I go to the dining hall.

Do you guys have any advice about this? It is cool acting like Jack Bauer though (except for the preventing terrorism part) ;-D .

EDIT: The game moderator put a twist on the game: if we carry a certain item on certain days, we are safe as long as the item is visible and it is on you. So today, when I am in the dorm, I will be walking around with a (new, still-in-the-box) toothbrush in my pocket. :-?
Last edited by DaQ on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:22 am

This game was a sweet ice breaker/theater game. I haven't played it since i was twelve or so though. Of course the version we played wasn't so complex or cool, but the point was the same.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RyanK » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:40 am

played the water gun version in high school.. great times... late night attacks.. wish i could go back and do it again
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:41 pm

This game was huge when I was in high school and college, but after Columbine, a lot of people started putting the kabosh on it, for obvious reasons.

I always thought it was fun though.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Man I wish I did that in college that sounds fun.

I was pretty busy though with my scoring with chicks and getting wasted
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:Man I wish I did that in college that sounds fun.

I was pretty busy though with my playing Dungeons and Dragons and saving up for my pink Jeep.

Whoops, you had a typo. I fixed it for you. ;-D
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:54 pm

ironman wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Man I wish I did that in college that sounds fun.

I was pretty busy though with my playing Dungeons and Dragons and saving up for my pink Jeep.

Whoops, you had a typo. I fixed it for you. ;-D

hahahahaha

this sounds awesome...i may have to introduce it to my friends...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaQ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:24 pm

I almost died today....

The tricketer/big strategizer on the floor "X'ed" me when I was playing a game in someone else's room. However, as this guy did not see, my little "safe haven" tool for the day (toothbrush) was slightly visible in my left pocket (u can see the head of the toothbrush). He argued that it was not visible (keep in mind he was on my right), but after a little arguing and some visible proof, he reluctantly gave in.

I gotta keep my eyes open next time though, and maybe make my "safe haven tool" a little more visible so there is no controversy.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Old_Style » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 pm

wow, sounds like somebody needs to get laid :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaQ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 pm

Old_Style wrote:wow, sounds like somebody needs to get laid :-D

lol nah. 1/2 our floor plays the same video game, and that includes girls (someone brought a gamecube) and I was in my friend's room playing against a couple people.

On another note, I "X'ed" my target...except her toothbrush was with her as well. :-t
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk