Keeper Date and Drafting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Keeper Date and Drafting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Date and Drafting

Postby sportsjerk » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm the commissioner of a 2nd year keeper league. #1, I was wondering when would be a good date to set keepers (and subsequently end trading, unless it was an even deal among keepers e.g.1 for 1, 2 for 2)? And for the draft, I had thought about a couple ways to do it. Either use the regular yahoo draft and set the order and then require every team to take their 8 keepers with the first 8 picks or just use the message board and do what would amount to a slow draft? Any ideas or suggestions?
sportsjerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buckwild13 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 am

you have 758 post some im assuming your pretty literate with the internet. have you heard of googles email? gmail...(sorry not trying to sound like a dick, i think im coming off that way, not meaning to be). but they have a feature of "live Spreadsheet" its basically an excel spreadsheet. it works just like IM service as soon as you move to next box or hit return it updates to whoever is logged in and can see it live. what my league did, well for football was, was before draft had everyone put their keepers in the round they were drafted. now you dont have the little yahoo cheat sheet, but u can access that in another window on your own computer if you want. this actually works the best i think for "keepers kept in round they were drafted" type thing.

of course everyone needs a gmail account in the league, however its real simple to get one, PM me if you have any questions.

oh and its nice to print our for the commish, who can then go straight to yahoo, or cbs and enter the names and round they were drafted in pretty quick
buckwild13
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner