Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does a Cafe Keeper sound good?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 19

Postby harmsway01 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:43 pm

Ok guys, if you are serious about joining this league please post in this thread. After a while we will see how many people are really interested and committed. Then we can decide on how many will be in the league or maybe how many leagues we will have. I am not setting a limit to how many participate yet. Remember alot of the specifics are still up in the air yet, after we get a group together then we can finalize everything.

Thats my take...
Zack

harmsway01
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rotodog » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:54 pm

Im in!!!!!!!!
rotodog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:01 am

that'd be me...it should be interesting.. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mattd » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:20 am

I'm in. ;-D
mattd
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby d » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:26 am

:-) count me in
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby StAlEfReNcHfRi91 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:43 am

i'm in...if its a keeper league
StAlEfReNcHfRi91
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby harmsway01 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:26 pm

I was thinking that we would need to decide when to have the draft. We could have it now, during the offseason, or we could wait until late in Spring Training and have a live draft then. That is just another thing we need to figure out. Also I have yet to hear from Arlo if this league can have its own forum and if we can even call it the "Cafe" League. I hope we have some more interest so that we may be able to get 2 leagues up and running. So everyone please post if you would like to commit to this league.

Ok so far we have commitments from the following:

myself
rotodog
DK
mattd
d

Stalefrenchfri: I am going to leave you out for now because we are unsure about it being a keeper league and from the looks of it you have 2 or 3 other keeper leagues you are involved in.
Thats my take...
Zack

harmsway01
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby harmsway01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:40 pm

It seems as if there isn't as much interest in this league then I had first anticipated. :~( Well I am still up for this league and I hope some of you that initially posted are as well. So if you want to have a Cafe league the please post in this thread or email me at mailto:lane6ann7@hotmail.com

Thanks
Thats my take...
Zack

harmsway01
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Harmsway01

Postby chudz » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:46 pm

Hey Harmsway01 are you going to bail on this league, like you did with the league you started last year? Right after the draft you bailed on the league and we never heard from you all year. Thats not the kind of commish anybody wants to play with.

Just think everybody should know Harmsway01s commish background before trhey waste their time like I did.[/b]
chudz

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Harmsway01

Postby harmsway01 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:48 pm

chudz wrote:Hey Harmsway01 are you going to bail on this league, like you did with the league you started last year? Right after the draft you bailed on the league and we never heard from you all year. Thats not the kind of commish anybody wants to play with.

Just think everybody should know Harmsway01s commish background before trhey waste their time like I did.[/b]

First off there is no need for a comment like this and second of all let me explain. If you were the commish of that league you would of had to deal with constant email messages about managers complaining about their teams and the way the league was setup then you would probably give up on it as well. It was very dissapointing with all the hard work I put into the league. Plus I think 4 or 5 managers were still active after the first month. I admit the league was confusing and all...but I never quit the league. I checked up on it all season long.

Sorry about this....

Anyways I think that this Cafe league is still a viable option if we get enough managers to participate.
Thats my take...
Zack

harmsway01
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds