Xbox 360 and backwards compatibility - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Xbox 360 and backwards compatibility

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Xbox 360 and backwards compatibility

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:56 am

I just got a 360 last month, but never owned an X-Box. This question is two fold.

I'm considering picking up some of the most impressive gaes for the original system. I know that the 360 can only play some of them, so I'd be sure to check on the list first.

So my questions are:

1. What games would you recommend me purchasing?

2. Is there anything I have to do to my 360 to get it to play these orginals or do I just pop them in and it works?

Thanks.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby casem2k2 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:35 am

Halo and halo 2 without a doubt.
casem2k2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:32 pm

You have to download an update for each original xbox game you want to play. You can either do it right through the system, hooked up to the internet, or you can download the file to your cpu, burn it to a CD, and pop it in the 360.

Halo and Halo 2 already have the updates on the hard drive (if you got the premium), so you wouldn't need to download anything for that.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:38 pm

Halo and Halo2 are probably the only games on Xbox you'd want...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:49 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:You have to download an update for each original xbox game you want to play. You can either do it right through the system, hooked up to the internet, or you can download the file to your cpu, burn it to a CD, and pop it in the 360.

Halo and Halo 2 already have the updates on the hard drive (if you got the premium), so you wouldn't need to download anything for that.

First, I would like to thank you for this VERY important piece of information. I would have wasted a lot of time, because I was unaware of this.

At this time, I do not have the Xbox hooked up to the internet (though I plan on it, soon) but it is interesting that Halo and Halo 2 updates are already on the hard drive....are these the only two games, or are there more?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Agreed with the above posters, the Halo games are the only ones worth buying from the original XBOX.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:56 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:You have to download an update for each original xbox game you want to play. You can either do it right through the system, hooked up to the internet, or you can download the file to your cpu, burn it to a CD, and pop it in the 360.

First, I would like to thank you for this VERY important piece of information. I would have wasted a lot of time, because I was unaware of this.

At this time, I do not have the Xbox hooked up to the internet (though I plan on it, soon) but it is interesting that Halo and Halo 2 updates are already on the hard drive....are these the only two games, or are there more?

Yeah as far as I know those are the only 2. Like I said though, even if you don't have the system hooked up online yet, you can get the updates through the computer.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games