Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David Beck? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David Beck?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 pm

LizBeck02 wrote::-D Yeah because I would have the desire to hunt anyone on here down. I do get e-mails saying something was posted to the thread but I guess in a way I do have impeccable timing since I decided not to post anything until now. Or maybe its all a conspiracy and five months will become a recurrent theme in your life and eventually drive you mad!Or maybe I just stopped in to check my mailbox because someone wrote me LOL.

Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby JMB05 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:26 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
LizBeck02 wrote::-D Yeah because I would have the desire to hunt anyone on here down. I do get e-mails saying something was posted to the thread but I guess in a way I do have impeccable timing since I decided not to post anything until now. Or maybe its all a conspiracy and five months will become a recurrent theme in your life and eventually drive you mad!Or maybe I just stopped in to check my mailbox because someone wrote me LOL.

Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!

Suppose you know, or knew him, google the phrase "What ever happened to David Beck?"

What comes up???
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

JMB05 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:

Suppose you know, or knew him, google the phrase "What ever happened to David Beck?"

What comes up???

I Googled David Beck (just his name) and this thread is the 6th result on the list.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Madison wrote:
JMB05 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!

What comes up???

I Googled David Beck (just his name) and this thread is the 6th result on the list.

'David Beck baseball' and boom, #1
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 821)

Postby wrveres » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 pm

here's what i dont get.
i just went back and read this thread from the beginning, and all three of the people who claimed to know Beck were very sincere and helpful. His wife even offered to get him in here. Heck you could of been playing roto with David Beck, and that would of been the ultimate answer to "what ever happened to David Beck?" ... But No. Instead they were met with minor hostility, like they were stepping on protected turf or something ...
what gives? :-o

Welcome to the cafe Mrs Beck.
I run many leagues, and I'd certainly have on opening for you in a league if you'd like to smack some of these boys where it really hurts. ;-7

hollar back.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Postby daullaz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 am

Two things ...

1. Best. Thread. Ever.

2. We're taking 10-to-1 odds that JMB05 is David Beck. The odds would be better if his username wasn't clearly his initials. :-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby kristybeck » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 pm

after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.
kristybeck
T-Ball Trainer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:11 pm

kristybeck wrote:after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.

Maybe he was annoyed because his wife couldn't capitalize words... ;-7

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ensanimal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
kristybeck wrote:after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.

Maybe he was annoyed because his wife couldn't capitalize words... ;-7

duh.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 120)

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Welcome. Quick question. Is this the first time you've heard of the "mental issues" meme? If not, why do you think he has/had that label. Maybe tell us a funny story about the guy.
thanks
wr
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

PreviousNext