Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David Beck? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David Beck?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 pm

LizBeck02 wrote::-D Yeah because I would have the desire to hunt anyone on here down. I do get e-mails saying something was posted to the thread but I guess in a way I do have impeccable timing since I decided not to post anything until now. Or maybe its all a conspiracy and five months will become a recurrent theme in your life and eventually drive you mad!Or maybe I just stopped in to check my mailbox because someone wrote me LOL.

Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3262
(Past Year: 159)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby JMB05 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:26 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
LizBeck02 wrote::-D Yeah because I would have the desire to hunt anyone on here down. I do get e-mails saying something was posted to the thread but I guess in a way I do have impeccable timing since I decided not to post anything until now. Or maybe its all a conspiracy and five months will become a recurrent theme in your life and eventually drive you mad!Or maybe I just stopped in to check my mailbox because someone wrote me LOL.

Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!



Suppose you know, or knew him, google the phrase "What ever happened to David Beck?"

What comes up???
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 477
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 15 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

JMB05 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
LizBeck02 wrote::-D Yeah because I would have the desire to hunt anyone on here down. I do get e-mails saying something was posted to the thread but I guess in a way I do have impeccable timing since I decided not to post anything until now. Or maybe its all a conspiracy and five months will become a recurrent theme in your life and eventually drive you mad!Or maybe I just stopped in to check my mailbox because someone wrote me LOL.

Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!



Suppose you know, or knew him, google the phrase "What ever happened to David Beck?"

What comes up???


I Googled David Beck (just his name) and this thread is the 6th result on the list.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Madison wrote:
JMB05 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Just find it pretty amazing 3 separate people who know/knew him in real life come to a fantasy baseball website and attempt to make positive claims on behalf of a little known fellow. If you'd understand the mentality of this board, trust me you'd believe something funny was going on here as well. No harm intended so carry on loyal followers!



Suppose you know, or knew him, google the phrase "What ever happened to David Beck?"

What comes up???


I Googled David Beck (just his name) and this thread is the 6th result on the list.

'David Beck baseball' and boom, #1
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24647
(Past Year: 821)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby wrveres » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 pm

here's what i dont get.
i just went back and read this thread from the beginning, and all three of the people who claimed to know Beck were very sincere and helpful. His wife even offered to get him in here. Heck you could of been playing roto with David Beck, and that would of been the ultimate answer to "what ever happened to David Beck?" ... But No. Instead they were met with minor hostility, like they were stepping on protected turf or something ...
what gives? :-o

Welcome to the cafe Mrs Beck.
I run many leagues, and I'd certainly have on opening for you in a league if you'd like to smack some of these boys where it really hurts. ;-7

hollar back.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31632
(Past Year: 1149)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby daullaz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:28 am

Two things ...

1. Best. Thread. Ever.

2. We're taking 10-to-1 odds that JMB05 is David Beck. The odds would be better if his username wasn't clearly his initials. :-D
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby kristybeck » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:10 pm

after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.
kristybeck
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 2
Joined: 6 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:11 pm

kristybeck wrote:after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.


Maybe he was annoyed because his wife couldn't capitalize words... ;-7
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3540
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby ensanimal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
kristybeck wrote:after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.


Maybe he was annoyed because his wife couldn't capitalize words... ;-7


duh.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10581
(Past Year: 120)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Re: Here's a real challenge... What ever happened to David B

Postby wrveres » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:13 pm

kristybeck wrote:after reading the comments in this forum, i found it pretty comical how people that actually know or knew david beck are getting attacked as if they really do not know him. i was married to david beck back in the days when he actually played. there were no "mental issues" involving his resignation from the game i assure you. the decision that he made to retire was the best one he felt he could make at the time. he was not let go or forced to leave the team. he was a great pitcher and loved playing the game. people come to this forum to find out what ever happened to david beck..duh. so naturally people are going to write in if they know what ever happened to him..duh.
Welcome. Quick question. Is this the first time you've heard of the "mental issues" meme? If not, why do you think he has/had that label. Maybe tell us a funny story about the guy.
thanks
wr
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31632
(Past Year: 1149)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Apr. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Boston
(11:05 am)
Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
St. Louis at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Arizona at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Houston at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact