Royal Rumble (spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Royal Rumble (spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:12 am

perlick29 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:These days, I'd rather watch Ring Of Honor (ROH). It has this fresh ECW vibe about it, but the guys they have there just have high workrate and can work great feuds/matches like Bryan Danielson, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, and Nigel McGuinness. On top of that, ROH features dream matches with the best of Japan's NOAH (i.e. KENTA, Marufuji). Much, much better than what you find in WWE and I must admit as an ECW die-hard, ROH is technically better than ECW, past and present. I'll miss Samoa Joe leaving ROH though because I feel his best matches have been with ROH (the current matches with Kurt Angle are great, but greatly prefer his work vs. C.M. Punk, Danielson, and Kenta Kobashi).

That reminds me, I have a meeting with two top managers from ROH tomorrow. I'm psyched. ;-D

Good luck with that. ;-D I'll be flying to LA to work in the truck at No Way Out in a couple weeks.

It went over very well. I've been in contact with an ROH marketing VP, who was director of marketing in WWE in his last gig, for the past few months and it was great to meet him finally...and he brought over the president of ROH too. Basically, it was a great dialogue and having Revver work with ROH is fantastic. We were bouncing off ideas on how to spread the word on ROH with our help from Revver. I got some ROH freebies too and I might get a free ROH show here and there. Just great fellas at ROH overall. ;-D

As for ROH landing a TV deal, without saying too much, they're focusing on an approach that TNA did when they first started out, a PPV/VOD offering.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:51 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
perlick29 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:These days, I'd rather watch Ring Of Honor (ROH). It has this fresh ECW vibe about it, but the guys they have there just have high workrate and can work great feuds/matches like Bryan Danielson, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, and Nigel McGuinness. On top of that, ROH features dream matches with the best of Japan's NOAH (i.e. KENTA, Marufuji). Much, much better than what you find in WWE and I must admit as an ECW die-hard, ROH is technically better than ECW, past and present. I'll miss Samoa Joe leaving ROH though because I feel his best matches have been with ROH (the current matches with Kurt Angle are great, but greatly prefer his work vs. C.M. Punk, Danielson, and Kenta Kobashi).

That reminds me, I have a meeting with two top managers from ROH tomorrow. I'm psyched. ;-D

Good luck with that. ;-D I'll be flying to LA to work in the truck at No Way Out in a couple weeks.

It went over very well. I've been in contact with an ROH marketing VP, who was director of marketing in WWE in his last gig, for the past few months and it was great to meet him finally...and he brought over the president of ROH too. Basically, it was a great dialogue and having Revver work with ROH is fantastic. We were bouncing off ideas on how to spread the word on ROH with our help from Revver. I got some ROH freebies too and I might get a free ROH show here and there. Just great fellas at ROH overall. ;-D

As for ROH landing a TV deal, without saying too much, they're focusing on an approach that TNA did when they first started out, a PPV/VOD offering.

Glad to hear it went well. What are you looking to do there?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk