Royal Rumble (spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Royal Rumble (spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Sad to see HBK lose. Would have been nice to give him the rumble in his home town, but Taker is a good 2nd choice. I hate the fact that the talk right now is Orton or Edge vs. Cena at WM as opposed to HBK-Cena. I guess the thought of two face on face title matches is too much to handle.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 am

I watched ECW tonight simply on a hunch that Taker would show up, and he did.

I have a feeling that Taker will wind up fighting Batista in the main event at Mania. Cena will probably defend his title against HBK, with Edge and Orton fighting eachother...or perhaps a fatal 4-way with those guys for the title.

Either way, a Wrestlemania with Taker and HBK headlining is pretty sick for us old 'Attitude' era wrestling fans.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Pablo975 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:27 am

I dunno. I thought the Rumble was ok, but I'm just over Taker. I respect the hell out of his career, work ethic, etc, but I just don't enjoy his matches the way I used to.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:45 am

Pablo975 wrote:I dunno. I thought the Rumble was ok, but I'm just over Taker. I respect the hell out of his career, work ethic, etc, but I just don't enjoy his matches the way I used to.

I've been kind of disappointed since he switched back to the deadman gimmick. I actually liked the american badass gimmick pretty good. The spookyness of the Taker has worn off and now it just doesn't work for me.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:12 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
Pablo975 wrote:I dunno. I thought the Rumble was ok, but I'm just over Taker. I respect the hell out of his career, work ethic, etc, but I just don't enjoy his matches the way I used to.

I've been kind of disappointed since he switched back to the deadman gimmick. I actually liked the american badass gimmick pretty good. The spookyness of the Taker has worn off and now it just doesn't work for me.

I'll take the Deadman over the Biker anyday. Deadman coming back was a fantastic move. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MMoNeY24 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:12 pm

Haven't watched wrestling regularly in years but I watched this Royal Rumble and thought it was good. The storylines have gotten worse with time, but after catching this and a couple of RAWs lately, the wrestling itself is still solid. Still alot of guys hanging around from the mid/late-90's when I watched also. ;-D
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:

I'll take the Deadman over the Biker anyday. Deadman coming back was a fantastic move. ;-D

Haha, I figured an old school taker fan would love it. The supernatural story lines just don't work for me anymore. I think a lot of his better matches came under the biker gimmick. Now, just like back in the day, he tends to one up his opponents too much. I've seen way to many main eventers end up looking bad after their feuds with Taker. Between his no selling and the fact that most people have to quake in fear when the lights go out, it just gets kind of annoying to me. Now all that said and to be fair, he has had a few good matches lately.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:12 am

These days, I'd rather watch Ring Of Honor (ROH). It has this fresh ECW vibe about it, but the guys they have there just have high workrate and can work great feuds/matches like Bryan Danielson, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, and Nigel McGuinness. On top of that, ROH features dream matches with the best of Japan's NOAH (i.e. KENTA, Marufuji). Much, much better than what you find in WWE and I must admit as an ECW die-hard, ROH is technically better than ECW, past and present. I'll miss Samoa Joe leaving ROH though because I feel his best matches have been with ROH (the current matches with Kurt Angle are great, but greatly prefer his work vs. C.M. Punk, Danielson, and Kenta Kobashi).

That reminds me, I have a meeting with two top managers from ROH tomorrow. I'm psyched. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby 1337_Dude » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:These days, I'd rather watch Ring Of Honor (ROH). It has this fresh ECW vibe about it, but the guys they have there just have high workrate and can work great feuds/matches like Bryan Danielson, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, and Nigel McGuinness. On top of that, ROH features dream matches with the best of Japan's NOAH (i.e. KENTA, Marufuji). Much, much better than what you find in WWE and I must admit as an ECW die-hard, ROH is technically better than ECW, past and present. I'll miss Samoa Joe leaving ROH though because I feel his best matches have been with ROH (the current matches with Kurt Angle are great, but greatly prefer his work vs. C.M. Punk, Danielson, and Kenta Kobashi).

That reminds me, I have a meeting with two top managers from ROH tomorrow. I'm psyched. ;-D

I'd watch ROH if it was on TV, but it isn't and I'm not displeased with WWE, so I don't bother to look really hard.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:00 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:These days, I'd rather watch Ring Of Honor (ROH). It has this fresh ECW vibe about it, but the guys they have there just have high workrate and can work great feuds/matches like Bryan Danielson, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, and Nigel McGuinness. On top of that, ROH features dream matches with the best of Japan's NOAH (i.e. KENTA, Marufuji). Much, much better than what you find in WWE and I must admit as an ECW die-hard, ROH is technically better than ECW, past and present. I'll miss Samoa Joe leaving ROH though because I feel his best matches have been with ROH (the current matches with Kurt Angle are great, but greatly prefer his work vs. C.M. Punk, Danielson, and Kenta Kobashi).

Good luck with that. ;-D I'll be flying to LA to work in the truck at No Way Out in a couple weeks.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk