Dan Johnson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dan Johnson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dan Johnson

Postby Skiabe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:32 am

I seem to recall that a large part of Dan Johnson's struggles last year were blamed on an eye condition, something about his contacts alternately drying out his eyes then tearing up. A) Am I remembering this correctly and B) Anyone know if the issue has been resolved?

And how about his AL Central doppelganger, Shelton? Will he get another chance? I still like him better than Casey.
Skiabe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:12 pm

You are right. He was having trouble with his eys not making enough tears. He saw an ophthalmologist in like June but I don't recal hearing anthing after that. Stewart is going to cut into his playing time more then his eye problems now though.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:01 pm

i'm staying far away from both this year. what's funny is i had both of these guys on the same team last year. will never forget shelton's april.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:13 pm

Here's a tidbit of Dan Johnson

Rotoworld wrote:Dan Johnson developed double vision last year, possibly part of the root of his struggles for the A's.
One of the prescriptions Johnson was given during the season apparently caused the double vision. Johnson just thought his vision was blurry, and that complicated the diagnosis, because "my perception of what was wrong was wrong." Johnson has been undergoing intensive eye therapy and, he said, "There were dramatic results right away. It's night and day." Johnson will have to battle the newly acquired Shannon Stewart for playing time this spring.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Injuries & Player Updates