Joining an existing keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Joining an existing keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Joining an existing keeper league

Postby kcbrett5 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:11 pm

This a 12 team keeper league (15 keepers) AL only. There were only 9 teams in it last year though. I was in the league in the past but took last year off. There are 3 new team joining. In the past there has been an expansion draft with any team not returning. Team would get players at under valued prices. We are proposing that each team get to protect 10, and the new teams get to expansion draft from the remaining players, but only taking 1 per team, then the old teams can keep 15, when the 3 new teams are done. Then the 3 news can Exp. draft from the remaining players unkept.

My question to you is, Does this sound like a fair way?
for the new teams?
For the Existing teams?

Any other thought? thank you
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:42 pm

I believe this is a good compromise for everyone, ESPECIALLY making sure no exisiting team gets hit twice

at the same time, I dont think it would be unreasonable to even ask the exisiting teams to protect a few less players at the start either just to try and help out the newer teams.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby ukrneal » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:47 pm

converge241 wrote:I believe this is a good compromise for everyone, ESPECIALLY making sure no exisiting team gets hit twice

at the same time, I dont think it would be unreasonable to even ask the exisiting teams to protect a few less players at the start either just to try and help out the newer teams.

Yeah, I was thinking that if you protect 90, you are making it a bit hard for new teams to do particularly well. And since you only had 9 teams, the wealth will be pretty concentrated. I'd be inclined to reduce it to 5-7 or so in the first grouping. But that's just me.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner