Want to Ditch CG's As Cat--What To Replace It With? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Want to Ditch CG's As Cat--What To Replace It With?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Win Percentage

Postby Bajecco » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 pm

I found that Win % works.
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gang Green » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:07 am

The Mighty Trow wrote:
ukrneal wrote:I assume this is what you want: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseba ... es-06.html . All the rules are findable from here.

I'm not a fan of K/9 if you have K's too. K/BB might be better, if you want a ratio. Holds adds value to middle relievers and even if it isn't perfect, I like the category because of this.

note in the link above that these are the rules for the 06 season - all trade deadlines are from a year ago. I hope I hope I hope that Yahoo updates this for 07 - i'd love to see QS in the mix!

I sent Yahoo an e-mail asking why they don't have QS as a pitching category. They said they "couldn't comment because the '07 version hasn't been released ...but when we open please check out our new features." Sounds to me like there's a decent shot they added QS for '07. ;-D
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CBS Sportsline

Postby Bajecco » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:35 am

I have run my league off of their site for 2 years. They offer many scoring options and we like that. There is one thing I do not understand and that is that the site does not allow for the commish to set innings pitched or drop/add limits per week. Other site do. I e-mailed them and they responed by telling me that they do not offer that feature. I asked why....they did not respond. Many other site do offer that feature so I am very surprised they do not. Anyone know why?
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Mighty Trow » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Gang Green wrote:
I sent Yahoo an e-mail asking why they don't have QS as a pitching category. They said they "couldn't comment because the '07 version hasn't been released ...but when we open please check out our new features." Sounds to me like there's a decent shot they added QS for '07. ;-D

;-D
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby walkoffblast » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:51 pm

Hate to burst everyones bubble but I received a much more cynical email when I asked yahoo if there was any chance we would be getting QS this year. It basically said this option was currently unavailable and they cannot make changes 5 days before the season starts.

Note: there is a small chance it was an automated response so we could still hold out hope but it did not seem that way
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Gang Green » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:07 am

walkoffblast wrote:Hate to burst everyones bubble but I received a much more cynical email when I asked yahoo if there was any chance we would be getting QS this year. It basically said this option was currently unavailable and they cannot make changes 5 days before the season starts.

Note: there is a small chance it was an automated response so we could still hold out hope but it did not seem that way

Thanks for the update. I just don't get why they can't have this as a category with so many people asking for it. :-t
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby walkoffblast » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:52 pm

I do not get it either. In the email they fed me some bs about taking things under consideration and valuing feedback. However, if that was even remotely true they would have already added many other features that I know people must be after. They seem to spend too much time redoing the page layouts instead of focusing on the quality of the games.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner