Classic: One game to win, who do you pitch? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Classic: One game to win, who do you pitch?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:38 am

HOOTIE wrote:
Brokentusks9 wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Yes he was. His 99 year he had a era+ of 245. Gibsons 68 era+ was 258. However, Pedros 00, with a era+ of 285, was the best ever. Pderos 00 era was 1.74, to his 2.07 in 99.

Is that Sumerian? I've read it 10 times and I can't understand it.

Pedro's 2.85 ERA was the best ever?? :-? :-? It's like I'm on crack, only completely apperceptive.

I gave ERA+, which takes into account park effects, and the league era average. Its much more accurate then standard era comparisions. Pedros 00 season he had a 1.74 era, compared to the league era of 4.97, for a era+ of 285, the highest era+ in history.

ERA+ means, the ratio of the leagues era (adjusted for the pitchers ballpark) to that of the pitcher. Think of 100 as the base. Above is better, below worse. lgERA/ERA

Wow, the best era+ in history? In '00? That's impressive. I know '00 was a good year, but watching Pedro pitch in 99 was magical. He should have won the MVP that year, because if you looked at the rest of teh Sox, we were no one. Anyone remember who pitched instead of Pedro on short rest in division series? Anyone...?
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:55 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
Wow, the best era+ in history? In '00? That's impressive. I know '00 was a good year, but watching Pedro pitch in 99 was magical. He should have won the MVP that year, because if you looked at the rest of teh Sox, we were no one. Anyone remember who pitched instead of Pedro on short rest in division series? Anyone...?

Both his 99 and 00 seasons were among the best ever. His 00 season did sport a lower era and ratio. I compared the 2 seasons fantasy wise 5x5. 99 he earned $50. 00 he earned $54.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers