Cafe Bets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Bets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cafe Bets

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:33 pm

Ok guys, Its getting closer and closer to the start of the season and every year there are always a couple of guys who have an avatar bet, sig bet, cash bet, pride bet, whatever and they post it in there sig. I personally like seeing 'em to see who gets the better of who. I also wouldn't mind getting involved in one or two of them as well as it will make following those players or teams that much more fun throughout the season.

Anyway, I personally like seeing avatar bets because I like to see the loser trot around something they're not particularly fond of. ;-D !+)

One that would be fun to see right off the bat would be a bet between Yoda and Pirates4Life and/or The Cow on who will have the better year MCab or Utley.

Anyway, I'll think about one I might want to throw out there to see if anyone disagrees with me enough to bet a sig or avatar....... In the meantime let the betting begin!!


....don't be skeerd! ;-) B-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:46 pm

I always like a good Yadi-Sig bet.
Anyone want to bet on the Cardinals 2007 win total?
I've seen 90 thrown around a lot. I'd take the over.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:56 pm

Meh... I don't bet unless there is real money on the line otherwise what is the point? I would bet Cow and the other dude but I doubt they will.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 pm

Yoda wrote:Meh... I don't bet unless there is real money on the line otherwise what is the point?



....oh boy... :-P
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:18 pm

I bet Arod wins AL MVP

1 Month Paper bag for me. 3 Months for those who think he won't win
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:I bet Arod wins AL MVP

1 Month Paper bag for me. 3 Months for those who think he won't win


How about a tea bag?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Matt Cain will outproduce anyone of (Felix, Verlander, Hamels, Weaver) ....your choice.

We'll go by what the yahoo O-Rank says at the end of the year. This is taking into account injuries so if your guy gets injured or if Cain gets injured the bet is still on.

Anyway, we'll bet a sig or an avatar. Specifics will be determined when I get an "opponent".



;-D
Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:44 pm

J35J wrote:Matt Cain will outproduce anyone of (Felix, Verlander, Hamels, Weaver) ....your choice.

We'll go by what the yahoo O-Rank says at the end of the year. This is taking into account injuries so if your guy gets injured or if Cain gets injured the bet is still on.

Anyway, we'll bet a sig or an avatar. Specifics will be determined when I get an "opponent".



;-D
Jason


Can i take Kazmir?
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I always like a good Yadi-Sig bet.
Anyone want to bet on the Cardinals 2007 win total?
I've seen 90 thrown around a lot. I'd take the over.


I will have to take the under. What shall we bet?
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3739
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:01 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
J35J wrote:Matt Cain will outproduce anyone of (Felix, Verlander, Hamels, Weaver) ....your choice.

We'll go by what the yahoo O-Rank says at the end of the year. This is taking into account injuries so if your guy gets injured or if Cain gets injured the bet is still on.

Anyway, we'll bet a sig or an avatar. Specifics will be determined when I get an "opponent".



;-D
Jason


Can i take Kazmir?


I think he means people in the parentheses. Otherwise I'll take Johan Santana. ;-)
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 877
Joined: 9 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jersey

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact