WANNA PLAY IN A 'REAL' LEAGUE? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

WANNA PLAY IN A 'REAL' LEAGUE?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WANNA PLAY IN A 'REAL' LEAGUE?

Postby fearthemunky » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:13 pm

Don't waste your time in those 12 team mixed leagues that are too shallow for even the coast guard! Our winner gets paid huge money and there is no disadvantage to joining in new!

KING OF THE HILL is entering its fourth season of existence, and we have had 3 champions in 3 years. It is a single-season mixed rotisserie league with 20 teams comprised of 23 starters and 5 reserves. I am in need of 4 owners. Entry fee is $200 and the top 3 finishers are paid.

Categories: Offense- Avg, R, HR, RBI, SB-CS, OBP, TB+SB. Pitching- ERA, Whip, K/9, W-L, SV-BS, Holds, Quality Starts.

THE DRAFT: Our draft is different from what you are used to. It is a serpentine draft that starts at the beginning of March and a drawing determines the order. The draft is is done entirely by phone. I call each owner when it is their turn to pick. At that time you can make your pick, or if you need some time to review things and make a decision, that is okay as well. There is no pressure on that end, and the only thing that is important is that you are able to be reached by phone or can return my call in a reasonable time. We finished the draft in 8 days last year, doing 2-4 rounds per day.

For those who aren't always reachable, I have a couple of owners who will submit a list to me with instructions while they are out of pocket, and when it is their turn I use that list to give them their player.

I frequently send updated results and rosters by email so everyone stays in tune with what is going on. You are always welcome to call me for instant updates and information too. Also, there is some limited trading of draft picks allowed too.

Notable- We employ an independant service to evaluate questioned trades and have a detailed constitution, so we try to keep the political b.s. to a minimum.

Unique Draft Style- The draft is alot of fun and the owners communicate alot during it. It fills the void during the time when you are chomping at the bit waiting for your other drafts. This draft is also an excellent prep-tool for your drafts in mid/end March. There are knowledgable owners who love the game, but greenpeas have done well due to the format giving them a good chance to review magazines and cheat sheets as well as talking to their buddies about who they should take.

Most of us are in California but you can live anywhere in the U.S. and play in this league. We have one owner that I found on these boards who lives in Atlanta and he's been with us for the last 2 seasons and will be returning this year.

If you are interested you can post a reply here or else email me at mailto:fearthemunky@yahoo.com or call me at 909-499-2718.

--Dave
fearthemunky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Poincare » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:54 am

I am very interested in your league based on what little I know. Expect an e-mail or call from me shortly.
Poincare
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fearthemunky » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Looking forward to it!
fearthemunky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)