BECKETT....... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BECKETT.......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:16 pm

Stranger things have happened but trusting Pavano on short rest for a game 7 in Yankee Stadium is not what I'd want to do. I know that everyone except tonight's starters will be available to throw tomorrow but that is still questionable.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Swinger » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:38 pm

I'm with McKeon on this one. Beckett will probably do best without the game 7 pressure, and the thing is, the marlins want to win this one. Never mind that there could be another game, when they could end it now. If the hitters do their stuff, with plenty of bullpen support with the phish, I see a good game for them. I'm not particularly concerned about Josh pitching on 3 days' rest, although that could be a major oversight.. then again, it may not.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby orange12 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:55 pm

Well if Beckett doesn't start game 6 who would? Redman? Helling? Both got whacked around in game 2 and I don't think they'll fair any better against a hungry Yankee team facing elimination. Dontrelle Willis was an option up until he had to pitch relief in game 5. I think Beckett on short rest is not a gamble for McKeon but his best option right now. Even if they lose tonight, I think McKeon made the right decision.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby R-Tehst » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:47 pm

well, If I'm McKeon, I'd go with Redman in game 6 on full rest since he's very capable of pitching a good game, and if we lose, then Beckett gets the ball in game 7 on full rest. Plus, we could have pavano come out of the bullpen.
But I can see why McKeon wasnt afraid of pitching beckett tonight. Remember when Beckett threw 4 innings, 1 run against the cubs in game 7. That was on 2 days rest...
R-Tehst
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Swinger » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:01 pm

Redman is neither consistent nor reliable enough.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Swinger » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:09 pm

END of discussion.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:57 pm

That's going to be one heck of a boost for next year. Complete game shutout for Beckett in Yankee stadium! He just went up the rankings some. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:00 am

Madison wrote:That's going to be one heck of a boost for next year. Complete game shutout for Beckett in Yankee stadium! He just went up the rankings some. ;-D

agreed ... He just became to expensive for my taste .... Sucks too cus' I have carried him for the last two years now....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby ondeckb » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:10 am

Lofunzo wrote:Arizona definitely had the home field. :~( A recent trend is in teams being down 3-2 in the series only to win it at home. I hope that trend continues. For those interested, the last time that a team went home down 3-2 and lost the series was 1992, when Toronto won in Atlanta.

I believe that was 2003...... ;-D
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:12 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:That's going to be one heck of a boost for next year. Complete game shutout for Beckett in Yankee stadium! He just went up the rankings some. ;-D

agreed ... He just became to expensive for my taste .... Sucks too cus' I have carried him for the last two years now....

Too expensive? Carried him? It sounds like a keeper league, but how can a guy get too expensive in a keeper league? Post season play doesn't raise his salary on your team does it? I'm probably missing something very obvious, but please enlighten me anyway. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers