Return to General Talk

RIP Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:09 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
MMoNeY24 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:
Pacman wrote:Rather than start a new topic, I decided to bump this one... Another wrestler has died young.

Mike Awesome.. a former ECW star and short-time WWE personality died at age 42. He apparently hanged himself.

Here's the article. link

'Hung Himself'

I think it's hanged.

Wow, your right, I just made a student look it up....see what teachers know.

I think it's you're.

:-D :-b

that would also be correct.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:50 pm

Pacman wrote:Rather than start a new topic, I decided to bump this one... Another wrestler has died young.

Mike Awesome.. a former ECW star and short-time WWE personality died at age 42. He apparently hanged himself.

Here's the article. link

Wow, that's really tragic. Mike Awesome was known for his feud in Japan with Masato Tanaka and they put up one of the best hardcore series of matches the world has ever seen. Plus, back in his heyday in Japan, he had a cool mullet. RIP "Gladiator" :,-(

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Clothes get hung; people get hanged. RIP Mike Awesome.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby 1337_Dude » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:22 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:

Here's the article. link

Wow, that's really tragic. Mike Awesome was known for his feud in Japan with Masato Tanaka and they put up one of the best hardcore series of matches the world has ever seen. Plus, back in his heyday in Japan, he had a cool mullet. RIP "Gladiator" :,-(

He had a really good match with Masato a couple years ago at One Night Stand. Was a great match, possibly the best of the night.

He was for sure one of the better big men wrestlers, it's sad he never really cought on in WWE. I think the one thiing that I'll always remember is his "That 70's guy" gimmick. It always made me chuckle.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm

Man...the wrestling business is just insane...so many guys pass away at a young age. Too bad about Mike Awesome...I liked some of his matches vs. Tanaka. :,-(
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:09 pm

Here's the article. link

I remember seeing several of his matches when he was in ECW. He was a bit crazy in the ring and I loved to watch his matches. RIP :,-(
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:20 am

Official Cause Of Bam Bam Bigelow’s Death
by Ryan Gray on Mar 5, 2007 - 1:00:57 AM

source: PWInsider

It was reported this weekend in The Tampa Tribune that former WWF, WCW, and ECW star Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow died due to toxic levels of cocaine and the antianxiety drug benzodiazepine in his system.

The Pasco-Pinellas Medical Examiner's Office ruled his death accidental. His arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease (narrowing of small blood vessels that supply blood and oxygen to the heart) contributed to him dying.

http://www.wrestlingnews.com/1/2/wwe/Official_Cause_Of_Bam_Bam_Bigelow_s_Death.php

Drugs again. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nsulham » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Another one bites the dust. This time former 80's star Bad News Brown (better known as Bad News Allen to all you Canadians) passed away from a heart attack. He was 63.

Two things will always stick out to me about BNB. 1)His legendary sewer rat vs. Damien match against Jake Roberts and 2)His beatdown of Bret Hart after Bret won a battle royal. Gotta love the Ghetto Blaster.

R.I.P Bad News.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/3632

nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:50 pm

Amen! The Ghetto-Blaster was a sick move. I'll never forget the Battle Royale at Wrestlemania IV. Not one of their best BR's, but certainly one of the more memorable endings in WWF Battle Royale history. Seems like those old schoolers are dropping like flies. :,-(
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion

Previous

Return to General Talk