T.Snider vs. B.Rowell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

T.Snider vs. B.Rowell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

T.Snider vs. B.Rowell

Postby King Bay » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Here's the deal....
It looks as if when it is my turn to pick in this year's minor league draft the two best available hitters will be T.Snider and B.Rowell.
I have roughly 2 months to gather as much information as possible to aid in my decision.
So the question is this...
In a 4x4 AL-Only format which one of these two prospective sluggers will have the most value and why
your help is greatly appreciated
thankyou
baseball is a year round sport
King Bay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

T.Snider vs. B.Rowell

Postby King Bay » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:15 pm

Here's the deal....
It looks as if when it is my turn to pick in this year's minor league draft the two best available hitters will be T.Snider and B.Rowell.
I have roughly 2 months to gather as much information as possible to aid in my decision.
So the question is this...
In a 4x4 AL-Only format which one of these two prospective sluggers will have the most value and why
your help is greatly appreciated
thankyou
baseball is a year round sport
King Bay
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Travis Snider has big-time star potential. Rowell is a great hitter, but he won't be near the complete player that Travis Snider will be IMO.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 pm

I agree with Falco.Its Snider fairly easily...
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Rhymes_T79 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:16 pm

travis snider can rake! being from WA, i got to track him a bit. maybe im biased, but the kid can rake.
Without ME it would just be AWESO.
Rhymes_T79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:34 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:I agree with Falco.Its Snider fairly easily...

I wouldn't say easily, Rowell is very big and is projected to hit for a decent amount of power. He most likely will not be quite as good as Snider, but will be a top player at his position for sure.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:54 pm

At 6'5 Rowell will more than likely not be playing third in the majors.If thats the case he will lose a lot of his value.Ive already looked over a bunch of articles that says Rowell is destined for 1B or one of the corner OF spots.Snider is supposedly the best bat to come out of high school since Billy Butler.Snider projects as a .300-40 in his prime.A lot of Rowell's value will come from his position.Snider is clearly the better hitter.Its a fairly easy decision for me.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:13 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:At 6'5 Rowell will more than likely not be playing third in the majors.If thats the case he will lose a lot of his value.Ive already looked over a bunch of articles that says Rowell is destined for 1B or one of the corner OF spots.Snider is supposedly the best bat to come out of high school since Billy Butler.Snider projects as a .300-40 in his prime.A lot of Rowell's value will come from his position.Snider is clearly the better hitter.Its a fairly easy decision for me.

I don't see any reason to believe he won't stay at third other than the fact that scouts say he won't. He already moved positions once (SS), why didn't they move him to first then? Also there have been plenty of large 3rd basemen. Ex. Troy Glaus
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sagecoll » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:35 pm

Snider is 5-11 190+lbs who has grown into his body and can just rake. Power Potential isn't astounding, but he has great disapline and unlike most big power guys he doesnn't strike out much. He's probably closer to the majors than Rowell. But also he's not as good of a fielder. And he could be moved to a DH spot if need be. Think like corner OF/1B. Think like Brian Giles.

Rowell is 6-5, 180+ lbs, and has not matured into his body yet. He seems like he will get moved (like Ripken) from SS to 3B. His power is just starting and if he can match his size and swing, there's no telling how could Billy could be. He'll probably take a little bit longer than Snider to reach the majors, but his ceiling is much higher. I would watch his progression into this year, in regards to his power. Plate Disapline isn't a problem and fielding is adequete.
sagecoll
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Snider is 5'11 245.You're crazy if you think Rowell has a higher ceiling than Snider.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball