Pre-redneck Larry the Cable Guy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pre-redneck Larry the Cable Guy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I thought this was common knowledge. Carlos Mencia isn't Mexican either. His real name is Ned Holness, he's German and Honduran.

Not according to Wiki

Mencia was born "Ned Arnel Mencia", the seventeenth of eighteen children in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. His father, Roberto Holness, is from Honduras, and his mother, Magdelana Mencia, is from Mexico. He was raised in East Los Angeles, California, by his aunt Consuelo and uncle Pablo Mencia. By his own admission, staying out of trouble was difficult growing up, but with the help of his family he excelled in school and stayed out of gangs. He majored in electrical engineering at California State University, Los Angeles, but left early to pursue a career in comedy after a successful performance at open mike night at The Laugh Factory.

Wikipedia is often far from accurate.

True, but why would someone go through the trouble of changing the biography of Carlos Mencia?

Carlos Mencia? Or someone working for him?

Anyway, I should have said that I was basing that on a single source that I read some time back and I don't even remember what it was. Thjs wiki article could very well be correct. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that he is an unfunny jack ass.

Thats true...He is probably the least funny person ever. He yells at the top of his lungs about being mexican for 1 hour every show and none of it is funny.

"I'm a bean eater!! hahahahahah BEAN EATER!! HAHAHAHAH Mexicans eat BEANS!! Get it!! hahahah"
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:34 pm

Coppermine wrote:Yeah, must be hard to git-r-done as a redneck when you're a millionaire.

It's funny how the blue collar comedy thing is supposed to be for "decent, unpretentious, salt of the earth" type people who scoff at The Daily Show... but watching it I can't really help but think Larry the Cable Guy is one of the most smug a-holes out there.

The here's your sign guy seems like a regular dude though.

Ron White is the best of the bunch. ;-D I know he's not a "regular", but he does show up on their shows every so often, and he's one of my favorite comedians.

"You can't fix stupid." :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:50 pm

Madison wrote:Ron White is the best of the bunch. ;-D I know he's not a "regular", but he does show up on their shows every so often, and he's one of my favorite comedians.

"You can't fix stupid." :-D

Yes he is. I watched "Tater Salad" on Comedy Central a while ago and about died from asphyxiation, I was laughing so much. I really can’t stand Foxworthy or Larry the Cable Guy or the fourth one whose name I forget.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 3 run homer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm not sure how that video prooves larry to not be a redneck he's sportin a pretty sweet mullet, other than not wearing torn up flannel and dirty hat and jeans he seems the same. i listened to larry on 98 rock out of baltimore for years YEARS before his ugly mug got on TV, to me he's always been that way. and really not always funny. and yeah mencina is horrible.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:46 pm

this is pretty old news...David Cross really weighed in on Larry and his "act" about a year ago...i'd search for and post a link but it contains some coarse language...worth checking out though, it can probably be found on Bobanddavid.com
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:this is pretty old news...David Cross really weighed in on Larry and his "act" about a year ago...i'd search for and post a link but it contains some coarse language...worth checking out though, it can probably be found on Bobanddavid.com

is it an interview or comedy act??

I must find it
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:this is pretty old news...David Cross really weighed in on Larry and his "act" about a year ago...i'd search for and post a link but it contains some coarse language...worth checking out though, it can probably be found on Bobanddavid.com

I must find it

i think it's an open letter to Larry...it's funny though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby statsman88 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 pm

well, he made a lotta money being a fake. So we can be dissapointed and him all we want, but he made big bucks off of it.

Kinda like when bands sell-out. We can say how much we liked their early stuff before they got wimpy, but the fact is, they figured that they would throw out the underground rock and just put out the music that would make them the most money.

This guy saw an opportunity and made a ton of money off of it, sure its kinda dissapointing, but wouldn't some of you do it if you had the chance to make it big time?
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I must find it

Oh man that is funny ;-D David Cross is hilarious.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:11 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I must find it

Oh man that is funny ;-D David Cross is hilarious.

if you found it on BobandDavid.com Doug Benson's movie reviews are hilarious too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk