Pre-redneck Larry the Cable Guy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pre-redneck Larry the Cable Guy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:10 am

Sure, and the next thing you're gonna tell me is that Borat is fake too.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I thought this was common knowledge. Carlos Mencia isn't Mexican either. His real name is Ned Holness, he's German and Honduran.

Not according to Wiki

Mencia was born "Ned Arnel Mencia", the seventeenth of eighteen children in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. His father, Roberto Holness, is from Honduras, and his mother, Magdelana Mencia, is from Mexico. He was raised in East Los Angeles, California, by his aunt Consuelo and uncle Pablo Mencia. By his own admission, staying out of trouble was difficult growing up, but with the help of his family he excelled in school and stayed out of gangs. He majored in electrical engineering at California State University, Los Angeles, but left early to pursue a career in comedy after a successful performance at open mike night at The Laugh Factory.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Wow... there's some real idiots posting at YouTube:

how do u know this isnt him covering up his red-neckish eh befor u jump to conclusions do all ur research
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Wow... there's some real idiots posting at YouTube:

how do u know this isnt him covering up his red-neckish eh befor u jump to conclusions do all ur research

Haha
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Wow... there's some real idiots posting at YouTube:

So Larry had a coming out from a Gay Comedian to his true Redneck self?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:47 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I thought this was common knowledge. Carlos Mencia isn't Mexican either. His real name is Ned Holness, he's German and Honduran.

Not according to Wiki

Mencia was born "Ned Arnel Mencia", the seventeenth of eighteen children in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. His father, Roberto Holness, is from Honduras, and his mother, Magdelana Mencia, is from Mexico. He was raised in East Los Angeles, California, by his aunt Consuelo and uncle Pablo Mencia. By his own admission, staying out of trouble was difficult growing up, but with the help of his family he excelled in school and stayed out of gangs. He majored in electrical engineering at California State University, Los Angeles, but left early to pursue a career in comedy after a successful performance at open mike night at The Laugh Factory.

Wikipedia is often far from accurate.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:49 pm

thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Not according to Wiki

True, but why would someone go through the trouble of changing the biography of Carlos Mencia?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 pm

thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Not according to Wiki

haven't we had a discussion on that. and it turns out its as accurate as the encyclopedia britanica or whatever
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:19 pm

Coppermine wrote:
thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Not according to Wiki

True, but why would someone go through the trouble of changing the biography of Carlos Mencia?

Carlos Mencia? Or someone working for him?

Anyway, I should have said that I was basing that on a single source that I read some time back and I don't even remember what it was. Thjs wiki article could very well be correct. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that he is an unfunny jack ass.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Well I personally think both Mencia and Larry are not funny.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk