Prospects mine talents in Arizona - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Houston Astros

Prospects mine talents in Arizona

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mad'sWife » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:40 am

10/22/2003 4:17 PM ET
By Alyson Footer / MLB.com

Seven members of the Houston Astros organization are currently playing for the Scottsdale Scorpions of the Arizona Fall League. As games played through Tuesday, the Scorpions are 6-10, in third place in the American division.
Left-hander Philip Barzilla is 0-0 with a 10.80 ERA over six relief appearances. He has allowed 10 hits and five runs (four earned) over 3 1/3 innings pitched with one walk and two strikeouts.

Latest news | Schedule | Tickets

Lefty Nate Bland, who spent just under two months on the Major League level last year, is 0-1 with a 6.23 ERA over six relief appearances. He’s allowed six earned runs on seven hits with three walks and seven strikeouts.

Left-hander Mike Gallo, who was with the Astros for the final three months of the season, is 0-0 with a 2.45 ERA over three games in relief. He has allowed one earned run on four hits with no walks and three strikeouts over 3 2/3 innings. Of the four pitchers playing for the Scorpions, Gallo has the best chance to make the 2004 Astros club.

Right-hander Greg Powell has made four starts for Scottsdale. He is 0-2 with a 5.52 ERA, allowing 10 runs (nine earned) on 16 hits with one walk and nine strikeouts.

Two position players who spent time with the Astros last season are participating in the Arizona Fall League. Infielder Eric Bruntlett is hitting .167 (5-for-30) with one RBI over nine games. Outfielder Colin Porter has played in 11 games and is batting .304 (14-for-46) with three doubles, one homer and five RBIs.

Infielder Tommy Whiteman has played in two games and is hitless, going 0-for-6.
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.

The amount of work is the same.
Mad'sWife
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Houston Astros