Billy Butler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

Billy Butler

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

Billy Butler

Postby djacks » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:33 pm

Is he gonna be in the majors this year? The guy can flat out rake...though not sure what position he will end up at. He's listed as an OF and I think that's where he mostly played in Wichita last year. Anybody heard anything?
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 am

probably after June/July

Probably as an OF after Sanders/Brown has moved on/sucked.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:05 pm

Hopefully just a Sept call-up. But its hard to say with the new sheriff in town. This will be a good year to get a read on what Moore will do with his minor leaguers. Does Gordon start the year with the big club, what will it take? Does Butler get called up early or just a Sept call-up? Alot of things we aren't sure how Moore will handle things.

If its me or my wishes:

Start Gordon with the big club "only" if he looks good in ST. If he mashes AAA after a month or two then go ahead and bring him up then.

Keep Butler in AAA all year until Sept call-ups.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:44 pm

I doubt you see Gordon or Butler in MLB until at least May because I don't think the Royals want to start their service time clock.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby J35J » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:26 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I doubt you see Gordon or Butler in MLB until at least May because I don't think the Royals want to start their service time clock.

Which is smart.... we aren't ready to compete this year and if you did start Butler from the start of the season he will become arbitration eligible before he even hits his prime. No reason to rush Butler. Gordon on the other hand, if he has a lights out ST then I'm fine with him starting with the Royals, if not then I'm fine with him having a couple months of AAA ball under his belt!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Return to Kansas City Royals