2007 Fantasy Baseball Points League; Need help finding site! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

2007 Fantasy Baseball Points League; Need help finding site!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2007 Fantasy Baseball Points League; Need help finding site!

Postby FantasyStud852 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:19 pm

summarized version :-b

any websites that have free points leagues

For this upcoming 2007 season, does anyone know of a good website to use for points(home run=4 points). If so, it would be very appreciative. If there was little/no cost being the best. Free sites are the perferred, but something under like 50 wouldnt be too bad. I already know about sportsline, and i think it is just ridiculous to pay over 100 dollars to use a website.

thanks
FantasyStud852
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Yahoo can be set to points.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2007 Fantasy Baseball Points League; Need help finding site!

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:00 pm

FantasyStud852 wrote:summarized version :-b

For this upcoming 2007 season, does anyone know of a good website to use for points(home run=4 points). If so, it would be very appreciative. If there was little/no cost being the best. Free sites are the perferred, but something under like 50 wouldnt be too bad. I already know about sportsline, and i think it is just ridiculous to pay over 100 dollars to use a website.

thanks

CBS Sportsline is far superior to yahoo. They have hundreds of more players in their database.They include live scoring. The look and feel is better. Lets say you have a 12 team league it comes out to like 12 bucks a person. You can't afford 12 dollars??
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ukrneal » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:03 pm

raygunpunx wrote:

thanks

CBS Sportsline is far superior to yahoo. They have hundreds of more players in their database.They include live scoring. The look and feel is better. Lets say you have a 12 team league it comes out to like 12 bucks a person. You can't afford 12 dollars??

Why pay any money when you can get the same result for free?

CBS must have seriosuly changed over the years - last time I used them in 2000-01 or so, they really sucked. Since then I've stuck with yahoo. Can' complain for the fairly decent level costing you $0!
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:16 pm

ukrneal wrote:
raygunpunx wrote:

thanks

Why pay any money when you can get the same result for free?

CBS must have seriosuly changed over the years - last time I used them in 2000-01 or so, they really sucked. Since then I've stuck with yahoo. Can' complain for the fairly decent level costing you $0!

Its not the same result. I just gave you numerous advantages to using Sportsline. I am perplexed as to why the majority of people here refuse to pay an extra 10 bucks or so to use a vastly superior service.
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ukrneal » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Live scoring - um 1) I can get this for free, 2) I can look it up myself - live! gasp!

Hundreds more players in the database? And these players play in what league? Japan? For people who have minor leagues as well, this may be useful, but most of us don't follow them.

Look and feel? This is isn't something I give much thought to to be honest.

I know I am giving you a hard time, but I also don;t see how paying ANY money for this gives me anything better than 1) what I already have and 2) What I can do myself. CBS may indeed be better, but I don't see ANY pay league that can give me more value than what I already have.

Yahoo (and some other free sites) gives me: 1) All the scoring I need, 2) Speedy site, 3) Simple use, 4) A bulletin board, and 5) It counts results. I just don't need more. When I wake up and logon, I go to various sites that tell me how my players did last night. Some are customizable, others are not, but they all do the same thing. I then go and check matchups during the day and set my line up. I don't need nor want all the bells and whistles. I'm sure there are others who do care about these things, but for those of us who do not, we are getting a great experience and fun for free.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:02 pm

ukrneal wrote:Live scoring - um 1) I can get this for free, 2) I can look it up myself - live! gasp!

Hundreds more players in the database? And these players play in what league? Japan? For people who have minor leagues as well, this may be useful, but most of us don't follow them.

Look and feel? This is isn't something I give much thought to to be honest.

I know I am giving you a hard time, but I also don;t see how paying ANY money for this gives me anything better than 1) what I already have and 2) What I can do myself. CBS may indeed be better, but I don't see ANY pay league that can give me more value than what I already have.

Yahoo (and some other free sites) gives me: 1) All the scoring I need, 2) Speedy site, 3) Simple use, 4) A bulletin board, and 5) It counts results. I just don't need more. When I wake up and logon, I go to various sites that tell me how my players did last night. Some are customizable, others are not, but they all do the same thing. I then go and check matchups during the day and set my line up. I don't need nor want all the bells and whistles. I'm sure there are others who do care about these things, but for those of us who do not, we are getting a great experience and fun for free.

Getting live scoring from sportsline is different then just looking up how your guys are doing in real time. Some people like to draft minor leaguers in anticipation of players being called up instead of having to wait around and checking yahoo all the time. Whats the reason some players in yahoo get added faster then other players?

To each his own but I guess my main question is why do alot of people on this site have an aversion to paying a couple of bucks for something
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Philomath » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:01 pm

i have to agree with raygun, cbs is worth the 12 bucks. plus, i like that it stores your 'league history'. this is nice since i play in a keeper with people i have known for a long time.
Philomath
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby FantasyStud852 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 am

but yahoo is rotissare points, not like a home run is 4 points
FantasyStud852
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LiveForever » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:21 am

Apparently CBS is coming out with a free version:

Free Fantasy Baseball
Fantasy Baseball Basic

• Free to Play
• Live scoring and stats
• Choice of scoring systems
Coming Soon
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner