100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I love Thai Food

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:32 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:I love Thai Food.

If you ever go to Pittsburg they have Thai Place which was voted in the top 5 Thai Food places to eat in the country. Just 6 miles northeast of city.

Is that the name of it?? I go to Pittsburgh somewhat often and, if I ever get the desire to spend 45 minutes on the bowl when I'm out there, I might hit it up.

http://www.thaiplacepgh.com/

Here is the link. they have 4 locations in Pittsburgh all owned by the same Thai Family. There are celebrities in there all the time. I was in there a few years ago at the Oakland locations and Bono was in there from U2. I eat here at least 2 times a week for lunch.

If you go you wont be sorry.

The relatives that I usually stay with live in Allison Park. I believe that it's just off of Route 8. Any idea which 1 is closest?? I guess that I could just ask them. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:54 am

Last time I was in Pittsburgh I ate at place in Oakland called LuLu's Noodles... and I have to say it was fantastic. A nice alternative to the 6 gut-busting Primanti sandwiches I eat when I'm out there. :-D

Unfortunately, I have yet to run into Bono while in Pittsburgh but it is a dream of mine :-b

Uno, dos, tres, catorce!
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

If you ever go to Pittsburg they have Thai Place which was voted in the top 5 Thai Food places to eat in the country. Just 6 miles northeast of city.

Is that the name of it?? I go to Pittsburgh somewhat often and, if I ever get the desire to spend 45 minutes on the bowl when I'm out there, I might hit it up.

Here is the link. they have 4 locations in Pittsburgh all owned by the same Thai Family. There are celebrities in there all the time. I was in there a few years ago at the Oakland locations and Bono was in there from U2. I eat here at least 2 times a week for lunch.

The relatives that I usually stay with live in Allison Park. I believe that it's just off of Route 8. Any idea which 1 is closest?? I guess that I could just ask them. :-D

The Fox Chapel location is about 5 miles from Allison Park. Take Route 8 South and get onto Route 28 North. Follow to Fox Chapel Road exit and bear right at the y. Go to the stop sign and make a right. the Thair Place is 200 yards on your left.

I drive that road everyday because i work in the Fox Chapel area.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:29 pm

Coppermine wrote:Last time I was in Pittsburgh I ate at place in Oakland called LuLu's Noodles... and I have to say it was fantastic. A nice alternative to the 6 gut-busting Primanti sandwiches I eat when I'm out there. :-D

Unfortunately, I have yet to run into Bono while in Pittsburgh but it is a dream of mine :-b

Uno, dos, tres, catorce!

LuLus is great too! Thai Place is across the street from LuLus Noodles. What are the chances that you have two very good Thai food places within 25 yards of each other?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:34 pm

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

The Fox Chapel location is about 5 miles from Allison Park. Take Route 8 South and get onto Route 28 North. Follow to Fox Chapel Road exit and bear right at the y. Go to the stop sign and make a right. the Thair Place is 200 yards on your left.

I drive that road everyday because i work in the Fox Chapel area.

Thanks. You like that bar/fun zone that they call the Clubhouse?? It's up on a hill on Route 8, I think.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:37 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Thanks. You like that bar/fun zone that they call the Clubhouse?? It's up on a hill on Route 8, I think.

I have been there a few times. Its called the North Park Clubhouse. Not recently since word on the street is that it has turned into a gay bar. Not my style if you know what I mean.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:25 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Thanks. You like that bar/fun zone that they call the Clubhouse?? It's up on a hill on Route 8, I think.

I have been there a few times. Its called the North Park Clubhouse. Not recently since word on the street is that it has turned into a gay bar. Not my style if you know what I mean.

My bad. 8-o Last time I went there, it seemed like a good place to shoot some pool, watch some games, and drink some beer.
Lofunzo

Postby Phatferd » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:02 am

Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:

My bad. 8-o Last time I went there, it seemed like a good place to shoot some pool, watch some games, and drink some beer.

And have a Snickers...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:

And have a Snickers...

Man I'm not sure if you mean what I think you mean but thats wrong.

Anyways

MMM Thai food good ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk