I love Thai Food - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I love Thai Food

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:54 pm

mak1277 wrote:Thai is good, although I prefer Indian.

Anyway, really good Thai place in St. Louis called "King and I", for those cafe members in or around the Lou.

I'm not a big indian fan. Its good but I like the ginger and basil of Thai over the Indian spices.

Also indian looks a bit suspicious
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Anyway, really good Thai place in St. Louis called "King and I", for those cafe members in or around the Lou.

I'm not a big indian fan. Its good but I like the ginger and basil of Thai over the Indian spices.

Indian food is awesome, if not even a bit bland. They do use a lot of spices, but it's mostly Tandoori grilled meats like lamb, beef and chicken... nothing too exotic. It is all covered in strangely colored spices though. Eating chicken that's bright red is kind of unusual, but then so is General Tso.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Indian food is awesome, if not even a bit bland. They do use a lot of spices, but it's mostly Tandoori grilled meats like lamb, beef and chicken... nothing too exotic. It is all covered in strangely colored spices though. Eating chicken that's bright red is kind of unusual, but then so is General Tso.

I love the General...In college i'd get it and eat one piece and be full...and have diahreea
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:09 pm

We've got a couple Thai restaurants here that are pretty good. That's what we usually do when we want Asian food. Most of the Chinese places are awful here. Then again we live in Middle America so I'm not expecting much.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:42 am

Thai food is yummy...i have a place that's literally a 2 minute drive from my house...they Thai waitresses are yummy too

i usually get Pad Ped i think (it has coconut milk, curry and eggplant, mushrooms and onions i think)...sometimes i get their fish dish too...it's fried catfish in a spicy sauce...i just had that on Saturday

Thai Iced Tea is delicious too ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Thai food is yummy...i have a place that's literally a 2 minute drive from my house...they Thai waitresses are yummy too

i usually get Pad Ped i think (it has coconut milk, curry and eggplant, mushrooms and onions i think)...sometimes i get their fish dish too...it's fried catfish in a spicy sauce...i just had that on Saturday

Thai Iced Tea is delicious too ;-D

I had Pineapple curry last night.

It ruled ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:39 pm

I just got back from our little Thai place in Carlisle, and they had a buffet now! It's so awesome; it makes choosing something different less stressful. It was a little expensive, but worth every penny. I had Pad Thai, red curry with chicken, sweet and spicy meatballs, beef with basil and various soups and such. It's so awesome, i think Thai may be my new favorite ethnic food of the moment.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:09 am

I love Thai Food.

If you ever go to Pittsburg they have Thai Place which was voted in the top 5 Thai Food places to eat in the country. Just 6 miles northeast of city.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:30 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:I love Thai Food.

If you ever go to Pittsburg they have Thai Place which was voted in the top 5 Thai Food places to eat in the country. Just 6 miles northeast of city.

Is that the name of it?? I go to Pittsburgh somewhat often and, if I ever get the desire to spend 45 minutes on the bowl when I'm out there, I might hit it up.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:24 am

Lofunzo wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:I love Thai Food.

Is that the name of it?? I go to Pittsburgh somewhat often and, if I ever get the desire to spend 45 minutes on the bowl when I'm out there, I might hit it up.

http://www.thaiplacepgh.com/

Here is the link. they have 4 locations in Pittsburgh all owned by the same Thai Family. There are celebrities in there all the time. I was in there a few years ago at the Oakland locations and Bono was in there from U2. I eat here at least 2 times a week for lunch.

If you go you wont be sorry.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk