I love Thai Food - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I love Thai Food

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I love Thai Food

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Thai food is the greatest food in the world.

Tonight I had Red Curry Xtra hot. Now I have an ulcer and am very tired but mmmm mmm ... Thai food is goods gift to man.

I love it.

If you are ever in denver you need to go to Thai Basil.

and to a Lesser Extent Swing Thai.

Thai Basil has bigger portions and better flavor.

Swing Thai is extremely weak with portions but they will make it as hot as you want.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:26 am

+1 round of *applause* for Thai food!!! Good stuff ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:47 am

You have to go to a Thai restaurant that doesn't have any white people in it. That's how you can tell if a place is good or not.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:42 am

Nothing excites me more than when people get excited about exotic food!

Where I live, I have a number of Thai choices... one is "Amy's Thai Cuisine" in Carlisle, PA. As if I have nothing to compare it to, Carlisle is home of Dickinson College. Dickinson is famous for two things:

1. It was the Dickinson College referred to in the film "Animal House" when Flounder exclaims "I hear Dickinson girls are fast!"

2. Rosie O'Donnell went there.

Yikes.

So anyway, my other Thai choices in the area are pretty much excluded to the Bangkok Wok in Harrisburg. But, I can say for sure, the best Thai food I have ever had came from the Basil Garden in Stuart, Florida (home of Cu's parental units) and I've never looked back. Nothing beats noodles, pork and a whole lotta spicy goodness that is Thai food. And it sure beats Joseph Conrad's version.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:39 am

Coppermine wrote:Nothing excites me more than when people get excited about exotic food!

Where I live, I have a number of Thai choices... one is "Amy's Thai Cuisine" in Carlisle, PA. As if I have nothing to compare it to, Carlisle is home of Dickinson College. Dickinson is famous for two things:

1. It was the Dickinson College referred to in the film "Animal House" when Flounder exclaims "I hear Dickinson girls are fast!"

Yikes.

So anyway, my other Thai choices in the area are pretty much excluded to the Bangkok Wok in Harrisburg. But, I can say for sure, the best Thai food I have ever had came from the Basil Garden in Stuart, Florida (home of Cu's parental units) and I've never looked back. Nothing beats noodles, pork and a whole lotta spicy goodness that is Thai food. And it sure beats Joseph Conrad's version.

:-P :-P :-P

Stay far away :-P
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:04 am

sportsaddict wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Nothing excites me more than when people get excited about exotic food!

Yikes.

:-P :-P :-P

Stay far away :-P

Dude, I knew that 10 years ago before anyone gave two craps about Rosie O'Donnell playing left field for the Racine Peaches in "A League of Their Own." Believe me, Carlisle is purged of Rosie's presence.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:56 am

there's a Thai place around the corner from mew where they have a pic framed of their grandpa or something in his military suit. its pretty cool and therefore their food is good. not that it wasn't already, but credibility goes a long way in a neaighborhood enamored woith Asian cuisine.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby pokeyjoe » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:16 am

Yea, there's this awesome place in Florida that we always go to when we go down there. I'm not a big fan of spicy food, but I love most of the Thai stuff. They make some cool desserts too, which is good, because a lot of Asian resturants have awful desserts.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 pm

Have any of you seen that Futurama episode where Fry can't stop drinking this soda called Slurm but finds out the disturbing truth what the secret ingredient to Slurm was? That's exactly what I think of Thai food. It's excellent stuff, but when you know it includes pungent ingredients such as fish sauce and fermented shrimp paste in just about every dish, it can make you puke. If you eat it standalone, surely you would hurl, but without the fish sauce and the shrimp paste, Thai food wouldn't taste so good, oddly enough.

As for Thai restaurants in L.A., well, this is L.A. You'll find some good ones around here and in fact, there's a new Thai restaurant a couple of blocks away from my office in Hollywood. Good stuff. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby acsguitar » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:05 pm

I went to one in Vegas thats really famous but I wasn't that impressed.

Of course I think I got something standard like Green Curry

And I don't eat seafood but don't taste the garbage taste of seafood
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk