Boxing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Boxing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Boxing

Postby Tavish » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Yoda wrote:I just saw the fights from over the weekend. Man, Vitali looked awesome coming back from a 4 year hiatus. Doesn't seem like there are a lot of good heavy weights nowadays. Looking forward to Klitchko vs. Klitchko title fight.

Dawson is the best fighter I've seen in a long time. He is so fast and methodical. Looked like he was toying with Tarver the entire fight. Mayweather Jr. called him the best pound for pound fighter in the world and he really showed it.

The heavyweight division is down right now, but even during the high points of the class the fights typically aren't as interesting as the lower weight classes. Even with Mayweather out of the picture the 147 and 154lb classes are pretty loaded with talent right now. Calzaghe v Jones should be solid, Hatton v Malignaggi will probably be one sided but it always interesting to see how many bones Malignaggi has broken during a fight.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:57 pm

So Klitchko won pretty easily over Rahman who looked completely out of shape. Not sure how many heavyweights are left that can rival the two brothers at this point. I think they will end up having to fight each other at some point due to the lack of competition. Would be a huge moneymaker and I would definitely pay to watch them fight.

Pacman abused De La Hoya. I couldn't believe how uneven this fight was. Pacman is simply awesome.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:14 am

Marvelous Marvin Hagler FTW.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Yoda » Fri May 01, 2009 1:05 pm

Anyone watching Hatton/Pacman fight this weekend? I'm tempted to order it but I think Pacman will destroy Hatton.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri May 01, 2009 1:17 pm

I might order it. Not a lot of my friends are huge boxing fans and I am pulling for Hatton to upset Pacquiao, so why not.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 01, 2009 2:29 pm

I would like to see Hatton get the upset as well but in my best Dana-Carvey-doing-George-Bush voice, Not Gonna Happen. I'm definitely getting the PPV. I'm fortunate enough to have enough friends and neighbors into Boxing and MMA to keep the costs manageable.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby McGill » Sat May 02, 2009 2:49 am

Lookin forward to Pacquiao blasting Hatton. Its gonna be interesting what Mayweather Sr. would have to say after that happens. :-D

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat..."

"....Again?!!"
McGill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sun May 03, 2009 10:25 am

So glad I didn't pay for it... :-D

Pacquaio the best pound to pound fighter now?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun May 03, 2009 1:29 pm

I heard Money Mayweather's coming out of retirement and he'll face Marquez in his first bout back. Should be a collision course towards Mayweather/Pacman down the line, I reckon.

Anyway, such a lopsided fight. Hatton couldn't corner Pacquiao to the ropes and he left himself open to Pacman's quick punches (this was basically a 5 minute version of the Floyd Mayweather fight for Hatton). Again, I wouldn't go as far as to say Hatton is a pub fighter, but he was just too slow. That knockout was crazy, Hatton basically fell like a statue. :-°

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Previous

Return to General Talk