Boxing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Boxing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:48 am

Gooooooooooooo HITMAN!!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:39 am

Man that white boy can punch... and take a punch. Domination.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Big Train » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:18 am

I love the fights, especially the old days of Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Tyson. I'll never forget the picture in SI that captured the exact moment one of Tyson's uppercuts caught Marvis Frazier's head. The distortion in his face would have led you to believe that the punch killed him. Tyson knocked him out in 30 seconds flat. Clip of the kockout:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AwTE0mVGCMI

The link below shows what might be the best fight of 2006. It was between two relatively unknown 122-pounders whose names are unprenounceable so it received no coverage. These two guys just wailed on one another until the 10th round knockout. The referee collected the easiest paycheque of his life since there was virtually no clinching. Posted on youtube in 4 parts. Unfortunately the commentary is in French. :-t ESPN rated it as the Fight of the Year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJZVv8Y5vLg
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:38 am

The Big Train wrote:I love the fights, especially the old days of Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Tyson. I'll never forget the picture in SI that captured the exact moment one of Tyson's uppercuts caught Marvis Frazier's head. The distortion in his face would have led you to believe that the punch killed him. Tyson knocked him out in 30 seconds flat. Clip of the kockout:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AwTE0mVGCMI

The link below shows what might be the best fight of 2006. It was between two relatively unknown 122-pounders whose names are unprenounceable so it received no coverage. These two guys just wailed on one another until the 10th round knockout. The referee collected the easiest paycheque of his life since there was virtually no clinching. Posted on youtube in 4 parts. Unfortunately the commentary is in French. :-t ESPN rated it as the Fight of the Year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJZVv8Y5vLg

Wow that first clip is unbelievable. Tyson completely beat the crap out of that dude.

I will get around to watching the 2nd video eventually. Maybe when I feel like sitting down for a long time.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:52 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I've never been a boxing fan to begin with, but I watch it casually. I'm more into UFC and Pride FC, but am a lukewarm fan of both. I've always been a pro wrestling fan, although the WWE is in a state of disarray, but TNA and Ring Of Honor are where it's at. ;-D

UFC ;-D

UFC's commissioner says the best thing about his sport is nobody has died... yet :-o
UFC rocks.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:38 am

I lost interst in boxing. The last pay fight I watched was R.Jones Jr. vs. Tarver in their last fight where Jones postured up and avoided taking any offensive action to avoid being knocked out. Im glad I didn't pay for it.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Boxing

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:11 am

I just saw the fights from over the weekend. Man, Vitali looked awesome coming back from a 4 year hiatus. Doesn't seem like there are a lot of good heavy weights nowadays. Looking forward to Klitchko vs. Klitchko title fight.

Dawson is the best fighter I've seen in a long time. He is so fast and methodical. Looked like he was toying with Tarver the entire fight. Mayweather Jr. called him the best pound for pound fighter in the world and he really showed it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Old_Style » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:26 am

Yoda wrote:I just saw the fights from over the weekend. Man, Vitali looked awesome coming back from a 4 year hiatus. Doesn't seem like there are a lot of good heavy weights nowadays. Looking forward to Klitchko vs. Klitchko title fight.

Dawson is the best fighter I've seen in a long time. He is so fast and methodical. Looked like he was toying with Tarver the entire fight. Mayweather Jr. called him the best pound for pound fighter in the world and he really showed it.

Klitchko vs. Klitchko?
I thought the brothers weren't going to box each other. :-?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:56 am

Watching Mike Tyson's best knockouts on ESPN Classic is time good spent.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 am

i'll stick with Foxy Boxing
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk