How does this "college league" sound? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How does this "college league" sound?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How does this "college league" sound?

Postby DaQ » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:53 pm

I am trying to create a league for some friends and a few others who think they know fantasy baseball (at my school) and I to play. I'll lay down some basic facts here and I have a couple of questions about it as well.

- Small money league
-12 teams
-25 players each
-5 get kept
-Snake draft
-5X5 scoring...OBP, HR, RBI, R, SB-CS for hitters, W, K, Saves, ERA, WHIP
-Starting lineup is 1 at every defensive position (3 OF), one Util., 4 SP, 2 RP, 3 P (can be either SP or RP)
- Commish has final decision on vetoing unfair trades (I'll be fair :-D )
- 2 DL slots
-For waivers, 2-day period on waivers and the team that waived the player must wait a week before signing him (if he clears waivers).

How does this look so far? A couple of my questions...

1.) As much as I'd like to do an auction, I don't think many people are willing to draft for 5 hours (300 players being drafted). Do you think I should just stick with the snake draft?

2.) Any recommended changes on the scoring?

Upon answering these questions, keep in mind I want to make it fun, competitive, and easy to manage (for example, use categories they already have heard of). I would prefer a very detailed and complex league, but with friends, that will probably not happen.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by DaQ on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:11 pm

fun, competitive, and easy to manage

This may be a non-starter in your mind, but you might want to consider weekly line-up changes instead of daily changes. This will do two things:

1) prevent churning. Obviously if you're only setting your line-up weekly, churning is completely eliminated.

2) allows people who are busy an easier way to stay current with the league.

Now, I do know plenty of people that hate playing with weekly line-ups, but it has really worked well for both of the leagues I'm in.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner