Auction League - explaining Restricted Free Agents? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction League - explaining Restricted Free Agents?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Auction League - explaining Restricted Free Agents?

Postby CT Smash » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Does anyone in contract/keeper leagues use "Restricted Free Agents" for players on your team whose contrct expires? I was hoping a few others could explain how this works in your leagues.

Is the bidding on these restricted free agents done in a silent auction or are they done mixed within the regular "live" auction? If within the regular auction, if the guy is your restricted free agent, do you stay out of the bidding and wait until bidding ends, then determine if you want to match the highest bid?

All explanations are welcome. I would like to add this to my league and want to determine the best way.

Thanks in advance!!!
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction League - explaining Restricted Free Agents?

Postby BritSox » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:33 am

CT Smash wrote:Does anyone in contract/keeper leagues use "Restricted Free Agents" for players on your team whose contrct expires? I was hoping a few others could explain how this works in your leagues.

Is the bidding on these restricted free agents done in a silent auction or are they done mixed within the regular "live" auction? If within the regular auction, if the guy is your restricted free agent, do you stay out of the bidding and wait until bidding ends, then determine if you want to match the highest bid?

All explanations are welcome. I would like to add this to my league and want to determine the best way.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mixed with the regular live auction. You do indeed stay out of the bidding, and determine whether you want to match the high bid, usually within 24 hours of 'normal' bidding being closed.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Return to Commissioner's Corner