Top pick in minor league draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top pick in minor league draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Savoy Special » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 am

ymiinjersey wrote:Keeping the 1st round pick was a HUGE factor in making the deal. I might even get Longoria, while he's no Gordon, he's another solid 3B prospect.

If you were OK trading away the rights to Gordon because you are so deep at 3B, then why in the world would you even consider grabbing Longoria? You sound strong there--go after a different position.
Savoy Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:17 am

dcskater619 wrote:just watch when gordon hits the bigs.. he even has more speed then pujols and the same raw power and on-base skills.. u will definitely regret your decision, especially if (as expected) ryan braun goes to the outfield.

Well i would have either kept the pick and taken Matsuzaka or taken the Gordon trade, but hey no point in crying over spilt milk. McCutchen is still my 12th on my current prospect list and it looks like he will be in top 10 on the cafe rankings. At 6th you least should have either Longoria, Lincecum, Miller, Hochevar, or Garza left for you.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby ymiinjersey » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:31 am

why in the world would you even consider grabbing Longoria?

Because in the first round you take the best player available and if it's hochevar, garza or longoria, i probably go longoria, he has more upside in my mind than those other 2...but in the next month or so that could change, i'm still reading up on all of them.

Well i would have either kept the pick and taken Matsuzaka or taken the Gordon trade

I'm not convinced Matzusaka will stay healthy and I've already discussed Gordon...but like I said earlier it wasn't an easy decision and to tell the truth, the fact that the team with Gordon is quite dominant played into it...giving him Matzu lessens my chances of winning while giving him to the other team was more of a defensive move. He's very deep with position players and hurting with pitching depth.
ymiinjersey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball