Wii - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Wii

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wii

Postby Yoda » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:24 pm

NOw that I am done with Zelda: TP, I am so bored. What other games do people have? I started playing Splinter Cell but it is only fun with another player.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:52 pm

I have not been impressed with Splinter Cell.. I find it difficult to control and not very interesting.

I really do like Red Steel though. That one's a lot of fun.

Can't believe you beat Zelda already.. I should get off my butt and get back into that one. :-/
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I have not been impressed with Splinter Cell.. I find it difficult to control and not very interesting.

Can't believe you beat Zelda already.. I should get off my butt and get back into that one. :-/

I haven't heard good things about Red Steel. I'd hate to waste money on games so I usually only buy the really good ones.

I saw that the new Tiger Woods game is coming out in March. Also Super Mario and Metroid. I guess I can get older Gamecube games but I'd rather get a Wii game.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Yoda wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:I have not been impressed with Splinter Cell.. I find it difficult to control and not very interesting.

I haven't heard good things about Red Steel. I'd hate to waste money on games so I usually only buy the really good ones.

I saw that the new Tiger Woods game is coming out in March. Also Super Mario and Metroid. I guess I can get older Gamecube games but I'd rather get a Wii game.

Why don't you rent games before you buy them? That's what I do before handing out the $60 for my 360 games. ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:28 pm

I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:40 pm

sox 06 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Why don't you rent games before you buy them? That's what I do before handing out the $60 for my 360 games. ;-D

True... I really should start renting games.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Yeah renting games is good to do before you buy, especially if you get the Blockbuster Game Pass or something similar. If you hate the game you rent, you can take it back right then and get a new one! ;-D
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Wii

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:19 am

Yoda wrote:NOw that I am done with Zelda: TP, I am so bored. What other games do people have? I started playing Splinter Cell but it is only fun with another player.

My brother in law just got the new Wario game last night.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/wari ... index.html
He said it was awesome.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:34 pm

Not to hijack or anything, but I'm really contemplating buying a Wii...how is the Wii sports package that comes with the system? A good time, or just a throw in with the system?

I already have the 360, so I'm not sure what to do....

In any event, I'd stick with the classics...Mario...Metroid, Zelda and the like. I also hear sports games are great with the Wii, but you would know that better than I would...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:41 pm

And I'd also recommend buying used games. Obviously the Wii is very new, so those are few and far between, but you can get some really good deals on used games and there is no difference between a new and used game if it was properly cared for by its original owner.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to Video Games