Yahoo! H2H 12 Teamer, Non-Keeper need some help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo! H2H 12 Teamer, Non-Keeper need some help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! H2H 12 Teamer, Non-Keeper need some help

Postby dman353 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:14 pm

This will be our 2nd year making a fantasy baseball league but were going from Points format to H2H this year because we really liked the way H2H worked for hockey. Can you guys tell my how much of a certain position to put in and what stats to use on offense/defense. Thanks. I also would like to know what a good number of minimum starts each week a team should be required to get.
dman353 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby chris8 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Well, in terms of stats and rosters, there's no 'right way' - it's really what you and your fellow managers prefer.

Some H2H leagues use stats like K/9 instead of Ks, to avoid people churning pitchers in and out of the lineup every day. For the same reason, I would avoid using IP as a category.

The H2HWS uses 20 IP as a minimum for the week. That works really well in making sure teams don't load up on relief pitchers, but have to get a balance of starters & relievers.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LongLivetheDH » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm

I strongly recommend k/9 over straight K's for pitchers, and I would say atleast 20-23 min innings pitched.

On terms of cats we usually use 13...
7 for hitting
R, HR, RBI, Ks, AVG, OPS, SB

and 6 for pitching
W, L, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9.

Some managers prefer k/b ratio over WHIP and walks instead of OPS. To each its own.
Yankees Win!
LongLivetheDH
T-Ball Trainer

Postby LongLivetheDH » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:34 pm

by the way even though H2H is "less fair" than points (your best week ever gets ruined by the one guy who has a better best week ever) - to me its much more exciting and allows you to focus on your opponents strengths/weaknesses/specfic team perfomance especially when choosing your lineup and the end of the week. Do you want to sacrifice K's and average to secure R, HRs, and RBIs? Or chance your average rotation sp because you have a 2.00 ERA bubble on sunday to grab a win and maybe K/9? Etc, etc....

It also encourages trash talking like you wouldn't believe. ;-)
Yankees Win!
LongLivetheDH
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Commissioner's Corner