Rupert Murdoch is a joke right? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rupert Murdoch is a joke right?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby orange12 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:31 am

HOOTIE wrote:
orange12 wrote:Good God, if Bill O'Reilly is a joke, I'm not laughing. That man needs to be hit by a truck and then backed over on repeatedly.


Why the hate on Bill? He speaks the truth, and it hurts.


Well without getting into political discussions on a baseball board, (because we all know those never end happily) I find Bill to be just like the other half dozen right-wing talking heads on tv and radio these days. His fans find his "truth" refreshing as if his recitation of every old conservative idea in the book and guest trashing act was never done before. He throws a bone to the liberal viewers once in a while (defended abortions) to keep his ratings up and his act from getting more stale than it already is but pretty much becomes the White House spokesman from there on out. Face facts, he's not "enlightening" America anymore than Jerry Springer is with their shock value tv.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 381
Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:48 am

HOOTIE wrote:
orange12 wrote:Good God, if Bill O'Reilly is a joke, I'm not laughing. That man needs to be hit by a truck and then backed over on repeatedly.


Why the hate on Bill? He speaks the truth, and it hurts.


while I am always capable of making my own political decisions. I no longer watch Bill O' Reilly ... due to his constant bombardment of self promotion .... :-t :-t :-t BLAH
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31632
(Past Year: 1149)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:40 am

What really bothers me about Fox is the constant self promotion during the game. It doesn't even bother me when there are 15 commercials for Skin or blue screens behind home plate for ads but for god's sake when the game is being played don't cut to the booth or celebrities in the stands.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21514
(Past Year: 455)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:49 am

orange12 wrote:Its ok Madison, God would have wanted it that way... ;-)


Lol. I'm sure you are right. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:59 am

Madison wrote:
orange12 wrote:Its ok Madison, God would have wanted it that way... ;-)


Lol. I'm sure you are right. ;-D


Hey I haven't stepped into a real church since Bull Durham, so what 15 years? After that I was convinced that 'Baseball was my Religion" Now how cam I get a Susan Serandon, To @#$% me for the summer.??? :-B
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31632
(Past Year: 1149)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:01 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
orange12 wrote:Its ok Madison, God would have wanted it that way... ;-)


Lol. I'm sure you are right. ;-D


Hey I haven't stepped into a real church since Bull Durham, so what 15 years? After that I was convinced that 'Baseball was my Religion" Now how cam I get a Susan Serandon, To @#$% me for the summer.??? :-B


Yuck :-P . Sorry, just not my type. :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:04 am

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
orange12 wrote:Its ok Madison, God would have wanted it that way... ;-)


Lol. I'm sure you are right. ;-D


Hey I haven't stepped into a real church since Bull Durham, so what 15 years? After that I was convinced that 'Baseball was my Religion" Now how cam I get a Susan Serandon, To @#$% me for the summer.??? :-B


Yuck :-P . Sorry, just not my type. :-P


yeah well you have to say that cus' you're wife is hanging around. 8-o Just make sure she doesn't find out "General Talk" ...oooops...chit,,,dammitt cats out the bag..... chit,, sorry MAD.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31632
(Past Year: 1149)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:06 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
orange12 wrote:Its ok Madison, God would have wanted it that way... ;-)


Lol. I'm sure you are right. ;-D


Hey I haven't stepped into a real church since Bull Durham, so what 15 years? After that I was convinced that 'Baseball was my Religion" Now how cam I get a Susan Serandon, To @#$% me for the summer.??? :-B


Yuck :-P . Sorry, just not my type. :-P


yeah well you have to say that cus' you're wife is hanging around. 8-o Just make sure she doesn't find out "General Talk" ...oooops...chit,,,dammitt cats out the bag..... chit,, sorry MAD.


Lmao! :-D Not a problem. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby DK » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:01 pm

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
orange12 wrote:Its ok Madison, God would have wanted it that way... ;-)


Lol. I'm sure you are right. ;-D


Hey I haven't stepped into a real church since Bull Durham, so what 15 years? After that I was convinced that 'Baseball was my Religion" Now how cam I get a Susan Serandon, To @#$% me for the summer.??? :-B


Yuck :-P . Sorry, just not my type. :-P


yeah well you have to say that cus' you're wife is hanging around. 8-o Just make sure she doesn't find out "General Talk" ...oooops...chit,,,dammitt cats out the bag..... chit,, sorry MAD.



SHH...... :-D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:11 pm

orange12 wrote:
Well without getting into political discussions on a baseball board, (because we all know those never end happily) I find Bill to be just like the other half dozen right-wing talking heads on tv and radio these days. His fans find his "truth" refreshing as if his recitation of every old conservative idea in the book and guest trashing act was never done before. He throws a bone to the liberal viewers once in a while (defended abortions) to keep his ratings up and his act from getting more stale than it already is but pretty much becomes the White House spokesman from there on out. Face facts, he's not "enlightening" America anymore than Jerry Springer is with their shock value tv.


He doesnt trash any guest that doesnt deserve it. Hes good, and people despise that. He doesnt pull a Larry King, and ask baby questions. To each his own. I enjoy the show. Liberal or conservative isnt the issue.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15108
(Past Year: 305)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: germani40, louelladg18, NZ Eff and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact