Active Owner Looking For Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Active Owner Looking For Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Active Owner Looking For Keeper League

Postby bigwords » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:19 am

I'm an active, successful, baseball-knowledgeable fantasy player. I'm open to joining a new or existing league. I prefer:

-A keeper league, but with only a limited # of keepers per year
-A money league, but less than $150
-A roto league with at least 12 teams
-If an existing league, rules that are accomodating to new owners
-A daily transaction league with unlimited adds/drops
-CBS Sportsline
-A draft or auction conducted soon and online
-Categories can vary, but I like leagues that count OBP rather than AVG
-Leagues with a written constitution, but nothing that requires a lawyer to parse

I can be flexible on all of this. PM me at BIGWORDS, or reply with your e-mail address.
bigwords
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

RE: Looking for a keeper league...

Postby cehines » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:16 am

Where are you located? I had a post on here about a week back. We are looking for some more owners. This will be a brand new rotisserie keeper with standard 5X5 categories. This will be an auction in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Date will be either the 11th, 18th or 25th of March, still open. One big thing I will demand from owners is involvement. This will be a requirement in this new league. The roster will be 27 players, 17 hitters and 10 pitchers, both leagues. $260 is draft day salary cap. Cost to join is $130, plus transaction fees, $1 per player involved in a transaction. The major league season is divided into two 13-week halves. The money shall be divided among the first four teams in the final standings as follows: 1st Half of the Season: First Place 15%, Second Place 10%, Third Place 5%, Fourth Place 3%
2nd Half of the Season: First Place 15%, Second Place 10%, Third Place 5%, Fourth Place 3%
Overall: First Place 16%, Second Place 10%, Third Place 5%, Fourth Place 3% (determined by overall points added up with both halves)One thing listed in the Constitution, but may not get done this year may be the minor league draft may be held off until next season.
Email me at mailto:cehines@alltel.net for the complete Constitution.
cehines
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rmande09 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Hey man,

Got a great league that fits your description to a T, almost, with the exception of the OBP rather than average. $75 buy-in, well-written and thorough Constitution, 12 players, rotisserie, the whole nine yards. It is a keeper with limits, and there is also a farm system. We are looking for one more owner, with the Minor League draft currently underway (a slow, forum draft). We had begun the draft full, but an owner dropped out before his pick, so we are looking to fill up. Please e-mail me at mailto:rmande09@holycross.edu for more information and so I can give you the link to the league and full Constitution. Thanks.

Ryan
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DocNo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:02 pm

league forming that satisfies your interests almost perfectly. Roto (5x5), sportsline, 15 teams, $100, live draft March 11, etc.

mailto:sunilkprasad@hotmail.com
DocNo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby steroidfreaks » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:48 pm

Hey Bigwords! .... we have a League opening if you are interested, 14-Teams, 10 Keepers, Farm System, all you listed is within range except it is a points based league, no ROTO ....... my email if you are interested in reading the rules is mailto:mriguy14@yahoo.com ..... thanks .....

Frankie M.
Commish
HighHeatBaseball
steroidfreaks
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HangingWScottCooper » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:25 pm

I am currently running a 12-15 team, 40 man roster points league. We will be having a slow online draft beginning in the next few weeks. Please e-mail me at mailto:tgrassey@gmail.com or send me a message on AOL Instant messenger at RSoxNo1 for more details.
HangingWScottCooper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Writer

Return to Classifieds