MLB Vs. NFL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Vs. NFL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:51 am

DK wrote:
wrveres wrote:Hardest thing to do in all of sports... Period.

i disagree...it's the hardest thing to do in life.

Are you serious? Tell you what, hit the cages, get that hitting thing down, and then find a cure for cancer in your spare time. Then, you can separate a pair of conjoined twins. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports but life? No way.

While we're on the topic, why is it so hard to hit a golf ball? The stupid thing is just sitting there begging to be hit.

Madison wrote:
Nisly wrote:How can you even compare the two sports, they are completely different games? Now, I have never played football so I'm not an expert on the rigors of the game, but some of these guys can't even get out of bed or walk on Monday morning, let alone even practice. To suggest that they should play 2 times a week is completely insane. Sure, I'd love to see more games, but a 16 game schedule does suffice. The best team almost always wins the super bowl. Anything can happen, but come playoff time, the better teams win.

I'm just saying that the football season is way too short. I'd like to see more games each year. I must be the only person on Earth who thinks that football players are babied. ;-)

Once the football season is over, I am always feeling a bit sad but that is for selfish reasons. 16 games is plenty. Chances are, if you are good enough, you will make the playoffs. If not, then you didn't deserve to be there. If there is an injury or something else, those things happen in baseball, too. If Bonds tore a knee up, they would miss the playoffs as well. And that is with 162 games. Once the NFL season is over, there are usually only a few teams, if any, that really had a gripe about playoffs. 1 reason for parity in the NFL is strength of schedule. If you suck, then you play a sucky schedule. If you're good, then you p;lay a tougher schedule. This works well but isn't foolproof as they don't always know who will be good or not.

Mad.......You are not. The players are babied beyond reason. While I understand that players are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever before, the players, especially the QB's, are coddled. For all the money that they make, they should at least get their uniforms dirty.
Last edited by Lofunzo on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:54 am

5 years, $50 million for Castillo!? 8-o Boras must be getting a little loony. That's too much. I can't see it happening. The 3 year, $21 million deal, I can believe.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:01 am

Madison wrote:5 years, $50 million for Castillo!? 8-o Boras must be getting a little loony. That's too much. I can't see it happening. The 3 year, $21 million deal, I can believe.

Those numbers were for Rodriguez.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:05 am

One reason for the QB's too be babied is that I believe, before the new rules were implemented, the life expectancy of a NFL QB was around the mid-50's. The one thing I LOVE about football is the emotion in EVERY game. It feels like the playoffs every game. In baseball, you only get that type of emotion in the playoffs.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ramble2 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:12 am

wrveres wrote:
This is the other problem in Baseball..... BORAS .. :-t

Yup. What a slime ball.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 66)

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:28 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:5 years, $50 million for Castillo!? 8-o Boras must be getting a little loony. That's too much. I can't see it happening. The 3 year, $21 million deal, I can believe.

Those numbers were for Rodriguez.

Ah yes, you are correct. That makes me feel a little better. Thanks Lofunzo. ;-D

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the football players are babied. ;-) If they would go back to "kill the man with the ball", and I mean QB's, kickers, everybody, then I would get more enjoyment out of it. :-)

I do still think that 16 games just isn't enough. Can you believe the season is half over already? Sheesh! Where did it go? 8-o I'm still watching it, but the season sure is short, in my opinion. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:42 am

Madison wrote:I do still think that 16 games just isn't enough. Can you believe the season is half over already? Sheesh! Where did it go? 8-o I'm still watching it, but the season sure is short, in my opinion. ;-)

I'm sure that my bookie wished that the season was longer as well. :-D :~(
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:46 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:I do still think that 16 games just isn't enough. Can you believe the season is half over already? Sheesh! Where did it go? 8-o I'm still watching it, but the season sure is short, in my opinion. ;-)

Lmao! :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby DK » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:31 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

Lol. :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:15 am

I've just got to chime in on this one.

Are you guys holding injuries against NFL players!!!!???? Steve Mcnair has played with a broken throwing thumb for the Titans before. The hand he throws the ball with had a broken bone in it. I could go on for ever typing names of NFL players that take the field with casts on.

HHHMMM.......... "I cant play today coach, I've got a blister on my finger". Guess which sport regularly pitches (PUN INTENDED!!!) that lame excuse out on the line all the time?

16 games, a 4 game win streak can make or break your season at anytime. LAME!!!!! Baseball it takes a 10+ game win streak to alter the course of an underachieving team.

There is no such thing as accurate fantasy football to me though. The most important thing in winning football games is the lineman. Anyone that has ever played organized football at any level can tell you this. FF does not take into account, and no real way to, the performance of the offensive and defensive lines, therefore even though I play and enjoy FF, it isnt as pure a fantasy sport as baseball to me.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers