MLB Vs. NFL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Vs. NFL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:08 pm

wrveres wrote:Hardest thing to do in all of sports... Period.

i disagree...it's the hardest thing to do in life.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grenade Teeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:28 pm

I think the hardest thing in life is getting out of bed.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Grenade Teeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:32 pm

I think TLR brings most of the disrespect to himself, so I pretty well blew off that stuff. I was rooting for the Cubs, but the collapse did not bother me much (next years Cubs games will be fun). I also wanted to watch a Series at Chicago, Wrigley games are so much better than ProPlayer or Yankee Stadium. I'm mostly rooting against the Yanks.

BTW, I did notice the Cub Fans (at Busch) were generally 10 times more cocky than in the past, one in particular that 'smelled a strikeout' ever time Prior had 2 strikes on a batter (he had 5 K's or so in 8 IP) that game.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:33 pm

Grenade Teeth wrote:I think TLR brings most of the disrespect to himself, so I pretty well blew off that stuff. I was rooting for the Cubs, but the collapse did not bother me much (next years Cubs games will be fun). I also wanted to watch a Series at Chicago, Wrigley games are so much better than ProPlayer or Yankee Stadium. I'm mostly rooting against the Yanks.

BTW, I did notice the Cub Fans (at Busch) were generally 10 times more cocky than in the past, one in particular that 'smelled a strikeout' ever time Prior had 2 strikes on a batter (he had 5 K's or so in 8 IP) that game.

well, most strikeouts DO come on 2-strike pitches. :b
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:39 pm

Nisly wrote:To Madison. Do you and the other great moderators of this site post on the football site under different user names, or are you strictly baseball guys? just wondering.

Well, I admit that I'm getting my feet wet in football again, so I don't post much at the football cafe'. Mostly reading right now. I've taken the last 5 years or so, off from football. I live in Ft. Worth, Texas about 30-40 minutes from Texas Stadium, so the Cowboys are very big here. I got tired of seeing them in the paper for breaking the law every day, so I just quit watching. Now that things have been more quiet in Cowboy land, I decided to get back in, but I'm still way behind.

Yes, I use the same screen name. So does Arlo, Menyak, DieHardCubbie, CWebb, and Kashikis. Kash is way more into football than baseball. The football side has a few moderators who really are not into baseball, but they do a good job on that site. DazednCnfzd, Slowkids, Homeless, Guttpuppy, Homeless, Terpfan, and JayMO9 all do a great job over there. Sorry if I forgot anyone guys. :-o :-)

Anyway, we all do whatever we can to make both boards the best that we can. Just let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you. ;-D
Last edited by Madison on Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Grenade Teeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:40 pm

but what do they smell like? The answer is not "like Jose Hernandez' colagne".
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:42 pm

i went over to the FFC, but i only made 2 posts. then i realized that i don't really follow football. if there was a fantasy basketball cafe, i'd be one of the first people to sign up. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nisly » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:00 pm

[quote="Grenade Teeth"]but what do they smell like? The answer is not "like Jose Hernandez' colagne".[/quote]

I think it's a hybrid smell combining Jose Hernandez's socks with Alfonso Soriano's post season batting gloves. It's actually quite pleasant.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DK » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:07 pm

Nisly wrote:
Grenade Teeth wrote:but what do they smell like? The answer is not "like Jose Hernandez' colagne".

I think it's a hybrid smell combining Jose Hernandez's socks with Alfonso Soriano's post season batting gloves. It's actually quite pleasant.

"New from Sports Fragrances"
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:22 am

NY Daily News wrote:Shark Boras hunts Marlins
Lures talent from rivals
Marlins' All-Star second baseman Luis Castillo is on agent merry-go-round at critical time.
MIAMI - The flip side to the Marlins feel-good story is the heavy hand Scott (Avenging Agent) Boras is attempting to play in their inevitable breakup after this World Series.
Boras, who is already representing Pudge Rodriguez (after stealing him away from fellow uber-agent Jeff Moorad last June), is now claiming to have taken on as a client Marlins second baseman Luis Castillo, their other most-prominent free agent after the season.

Castillo, who switched agents from Alan Nero to the Tom Reich/Adam Katz team a couple of years ago, has reportedly been shopping for a new agent to represent him in this, the most important contract negotiation of his career.

According to sources familiar with the situation, Castillo told both Katz and another agent (not Boras) as recently as last week that he'd selected them to represent him.

Then came a report in the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel on Monday that Castillo was aligning himself with Boras, who also lured Marlins 20-year-old wunderkind Miguel Cabrera away from Katz and Reich.

"Castillo," said one source, "is all screwed up with this agent mess and he really doesn't need this distraction during the World Series. It's unconscionable that an agent would recruit a player when he's playing in postseason."

Another source said that despite Castillo's verbal "commitment" to the two other agents, Boras and his associates have been shadowing him from city to city for weeks, waiting for him in hotel lobbies to feed him their recruiting pitch.

"It's the same old story with Boras," said another source. "He tells these players how much more he can get them - ridiculous deals like what he promised (Greg) Maddux last winter.

"What he doesn't tell Castillo - and what Castillo doesn't understand - is that Boras is spread so thin with Maddux, Rodriguez and Kevin Millwood, plus Carlos Beltran's arbitration case, he can't possibly give him the undivided attention he's going to need."

Boras has already been floating the notion that he'll get the 31-year-old Rodriguez five years and $50 million. But a report in the Sun-Sentinel yesterday suggested Rodriguez, who lives in Miami and has repeatedly said he doesn't want to leave the Marlins, is willing to accept a three-year, $21 million deal.

That would appear to be the only way the Marlins can afford to keep him. And regardless of who ultimately represents Castillo, the All-Star second baseman's price tag will be too prohibitive for the cash-strapped Florida ownership, which must figure out a way to hold the line on a $55 million-$60 million payroll next year with nine free agents and 15 arbitration-eligible players.

Meanwhile, as part of his client-grab game plan, Boras, in an interview with Sun-Sentinel baseball columnist Mike Berardino a couple of weeks ago, actually claimed credit for both Rodriguez's renaissance this year and the late-in-life hitting dominance of Barry Bonds, citing physical-training regimens he set up for them

This is the other problem in Baseball..... BORAS .. :-t
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers