MLB Vs. NFL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Vs. NFL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mad'sWife » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:32 am

Nomar4prez wrote:Even amazing athletes can't endure that much physical abuse. And football is a man's sport. Only men can play it. Baseball can be played by anyone, and, I believe, there is a women's baseball league. I've never heard of a women's football league, and for good reason. Most women don't have the muscle mass to handle the everyday beating.

Have you checked out the Womens Football League lately.

http://www.iwflsports.com/

Yes women do play professional football. It just doesn't make ESPN. :-b

I agree that the football season is way to short and they nusre thair injuries. I think the XFL had a great idea. None of the baby rules. It was "kill the man with the ball" and they paid all the players the same based on position and give bonuses to the winners and the players who did their job for the day. ;-D

Baseball is still my favorite sport though.
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.

The amount of work is the same.
Mad'sWife
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:50 am

Mad'sWife wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:Even amazing athletes can't endure that much physical abuse. And football is a man's sport. Only men can play it. Baseball can be played by anyone, and, I believe, there is a women's baseball league. I've never heard of a women's football league, and for good reason. Most women don't have the muscle mass to handle the everyday beating.

I agree that the football season is way to short and they nusre thair injuries. I think the XFL had a great idea. None of the baby rules. It was "kill the man with the ball" and they paid all the players the same based on position and give bonuses to the winners and the players who did their job for the day. ;-D

LOL .... Busted Nomar4prez ....... and you got popped by a GURL :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:58 am

wrveres wrote:
Mad'sWife wrote:

LOL .... Busted Nomar4prez ....... and you got popped by a GURL :-)

ROFLMAO! :-D :*) :-b ;-) !+) :-) :-B Now that is hilarious! ;-D

I agree that the XFL was on the right track. Their biggest problem was hanging on to their stars. Maddox and "He Hate Me", among others are in the NFL right now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nisly » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:38 pm

How can you even compare the two sports, they are completely different games? Now, I have never played football so I'm not an expert on the rigors of the game, but some of these guys can't even get out of bed or walk on Monday morning, let alone even practice. To suggest that they should play 2 times a week is completely insane. Sure, I'd love to see more games, but a 16 game schedule does suffice. The best team almost always wins the super bowl. Anything can happen, but come playoff time, the better teams win. If anything I think the baseball season is slightly too long (and don't get me started on the length of the NBA season). It's is next to impossible to get into a meaningless game in the middle of June or July. In football almost every game is exciting, it doesn't even have to include your favorite team. Trust me, I live in LA and I have tried to get into Dodger games (I grew up near St. Louis and the Cards are my team) and I can't watch more than 3 or 4 innings without getting extremely bored. Baseball was my first true love in the sporting world so I don't claim that I am just biased, in fact I like Fantasy baseball much more than football. Anyway, no real point here, just thought I'd throw in a few thoughts.

One other thing to the Moderators in this forum...Thank You! This forum has proven quite useful and enterntaining over the course of this last year. I get depressed everytime I enter the football cafe, it's just not the same.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:23 pm

Nisly wrote:How can you even compare the two sports, they are completely different games? Now, I have never played football so I'm not an expert on the rigors of the game, but some of these guys can't even get out of bed or walk on Monday morning, let alone even practice. To suggest that they should play 2 times a week is completely insane. Sure, I'd love to see more games, but a 16 game schedule does suffice. The best team almost always wins the super bowl. Anything can happen, but come playoff time, the better teams win.

I'm just saying that the football season is way too short. I'd like to see more games each year. I must be the only person on Earth who thinks that football players are babied. ;-)

I have to disagree with the best teams winning all playoff games and the superbowl. There are upsets every year.

Nisly wrote:One other thing to the Moderators in this forum...Thank You! This forum has proven quite useful and enterntaining over the course of this last year. I get depressed everytime I enter the football cafe, it's just not the same.

I'm very curious to know what makes it better here? If you mean just baseball as usual, then I'm glad you like it, and look forward to seeing you around.

If it's the way the site is handled, I really would like to know what we do or don't do that makes you like our board more. Maybe we can implement some of it on the football board to make it more enjoyable as well, also so we know what we are doing right :-) . Feel free to just post it here, or if you prefer, you can send me a private message.

I look forward to hearing from you! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nisly » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:56 pm

I think when I compare two forums specifically, the Fantasy Football Talk with the Fantasy Baseball Talk, the football forum just doesn't compete. It's not really a format issue, I think it may be a content issue. Don't get me wrong, I do think the football forum is useful, but I don't enjoy reading every post like I do/did with the baseball talk forum. This may be a wrong assumption, but it seems like more people participated in the baseball site than the football site. More opinions, more views, better discussions, better forum etc.. I know that's probably not helpful, but I just found better discussions on the baseball site. I really shouldn't be biased towards one or the other. I like football slightly better than baseball (as a sport), but I like fantasy baseball slightly more fantasy football (as a game). Fantasy football just doesn't do it for me I guess, like baseball does. It might also be because my football team sucks right now. My guys are wildly inconsistent, and with a short season (here i contradict myself slightly) it is too hard to make up ground or predict player performance. Anyway, love the forum, keep up the great work.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:06 pm

Nisly wrote:I think when I compare two forums specifically, the Fantasy Football Talk with the Fantasy Baseball Talk, the football forum just doesn't compete. It's not really a format issue, I think it may be a content issue. Don't get me wrong, I do think the football forum is useful, but I don't enjoy reading every post like I do/did with the baseball talk forum. This may be a wrong assumption, but it seems like more people participated in the baseball site than the football site. More opinions, more views, better discussions, better forum etc.. I know that's probably not helpful, but I just found better discussions on the baseball site. I really shouldn't be biased towards one or the other. I like football slightly better than baseball (as a sport), but I like fantasy baseball slightly more fantasy football (as a game). Fantasy football just doesn't do it for me I guess, like baseball does. It might also be because my football team sucks right now. My guys are wildly inconsistent, and with a short season (here i contradict myself slightly) it is too hard to make up ground or predict player performance. Anyway, love the forum, keep up the great work.

Thanks for the reply. ;-D We try to do our best. :-) I've made some notes about your concerns on the football side and I'll be sure to pass them along. Thanks again. ;-D

Lol@ the contradiction. :-D See, wouldn't it be nice if they added at least......... say........... 8 more games to the schedule? :-D Lol.

Thanks again! ;-D Glad that you like it here.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Grenade Teeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:15 pm

I think what he is saying is I'm not on the Football Cafe and for that reason the fbc that much better than the football cafe.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:16 pm

Grenade Teeth wrote:I think what he is saying is I'm not on the Football Cafe and for that reason the fbc that much better than the football cafe.

Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Nisly » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:50 pm

To Grenade Teeth. I am not familiar with your posts, but the name does sound familiar. I will give you the benefit of the doubt based on your location "in Busch Stadium". Any cards fan is okay by me. By the way, how happy (or sad) were you that the cubs didn't make it to the series? I hate to sound bitter or anything, but the complete lack of class they displayed during the season with the cardinals ruined any chance of them EVER getting my support, not that they care. I think they got what they deserved. Honestly, me cheering for the cubs is similar to a redsox fan rooting for the yanks. It just won't happen.

To Madison. Do you and the other great moderators of this site post on the football site under different user names, or are you strictly baseball guys? just wondering.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers