I bought a 2006 commisioner..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

I bought a 2006 commisioner.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I bought a 2006 commisioner.....

Postby bpizle » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:48 pm

Hey guys, last year I bought a 2006 commisioner and paid for the 07 season today. This is on cbs. does anyone know if the settings and everything will carry over? and will I be able to change the owners if I need to ?
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lsommerer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:37 pm

Yes, everything will carry over, and yes, you will be able to make any changes (including owners) after the changeover.

Although they tell you to wait until they roll out the 2007 product before you make any changes, I don't do that. I blindly stumble ahead and make changes as I know of them. I've done that for about 5 years with no ill effects (but, on the other had, we're not concerned that the "record book" for our league is accurate).
lsommerer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bpizle » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:40 pm

Ok man thanks. So I could put the owners email in now. And they could join the 07, even though they havent come out with the 07 yet?
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lsommerer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:05 am

I think that's right. They are joining your league, not your league in a certain year. When they "roll things over" into the new year it seems like they are just moving whatever data happens to be in their 2006 database into the 2007 database.

(I realize that they might not be moving things around like that, but other possibilities would tend to look the same from the outside)
lsommerer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby crapshooter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:32 am

lsommerer wrote:Yes, everything will carry over, and yes, you will be able to make any changes (including owners) after the changeover.

Although they tell you to wait until they roll out the 2007 product before you make any changes, I don't do that. I blindly stumble ahead and make changes as I know of them. I've done that for about 5 years with no ill effects (but, on the other had, we're not concerned that the "record book" for our league is accurate).

I always wait until its changed over because a few years ago I went ahead and made the changes such as contract year and when they changed over I had to go back and do it all over again
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner