Anyone Want to Help Create a Dynasty League? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Anyone Want to Help Create a Dynasty League?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone Want to Help Create a Dynasty League?

Postby GameOn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:11 pm

I have been looking for a good dynasty league and have yet to find anything to my liking. I would like to create a league, but I do not have the time to be the full-time comish. I was just wondering if there might be several people around here that have the same desire as me: to have leadership reponsibilities in a league but notrun the whole thing yourself.

Basically what I am thinking is that we have co-comishes for all of the following functions:

Rules Comish
Rosters Comish
Free Agency Comish
[Maybe one more for website upkeep and so on]

To insure that Comishes uphold the duty there will be impeachment procedures in place. If 1/2 of the league votes to impeach a comish, he must forfeit comish duties and an election will be held to elect a new comish. Impeachment does not mean that a comish is expelled from the league.

Any member may also be expelled from the league. If 1/2 of the league votes to expell a member he/she will be replaced.

These are the general rules I am envisioning:

H2H, 6X6 (holds and OPS) Dynasty League
20 owners pick a team and get 10 MLB players from that team with actual salaries and years. The remaining players from the picked and un-picked teams go into an auction or draft (league can decide which is better).
Owners can also select up to 20 minor leaguers from their chosen team. The remaining minor leaguers and minor leaguers from unselected teams go into a draft (draft would be reverse order of MLB draft if there was one...if there was an auction a decision would have to be made on how to arrange the draft)
25 man major league roster
30 man minor league roster (MLB players are allowed to be demoted to the minor league roster if they clear waivers)
$100 million dollar salary cap
Waived salaries count against cap unless the player is claimed off waivers or bid on in Free Agency.

Let me know if you would be interested in helping me draft the rules. You can also post if you would be interested in such a league, but do not have the time to comish. My hopes are that I can find several dedicated people to help me structure the league for the next week or so and then we can open it up for membership.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST RULES THAT NEED TO BE CLARIFIED OR THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IMPLEMENTED.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GameOn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 pm

The league could be conducted on either yahoo or CBS (although CBS would require a slight entrance fee).

If there is interest I will set up a proboards site.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gostanford07 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:26 pm

I would be interested in joining the league however I don't think that I would be right for a commish position because I have admittedly never participated in a dynasty type league before. I would definitely be eager to consult with the commishes on league settings, rules, etc, but I don't think I would warrant a full time position. Also, if you decide to run the league on CBS and employ an entrance fee I would ask to withdraw. Thanks, you can either pm me or email at mailto:gostanford3@hotmail.com
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby GameOn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:17 pm

I drafted a constitution. If anyone might want to be a co-comish please let me know and I will send it to you. Just help me figure out what needs to be changed and such.

You can email me at mailto:matthewtbrady@gmail.com
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beowulf » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:26 pm

Id be interested in joining
email me a mailto:beowulf.ct@gmail.com
Its "Evan" Longoria... NOT "Eva"
beowulf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby giambiformvp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:33 pm

I'd be interested if it were free.

mailto:giambiformvp@yahoo.com
giambiformvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wejh » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:44 am

I'd be interested in joining and helping out. If given a choice, I'd prefer to help out as rules commissioner. I helped write the rules for a previous dynasty league, but unfortunately the commissioner bailed on us and took down the league web site when he left. Please send me a copy of your constitution to date.

Thanks

mailto:whilberg@verizon.net
wejh
T-Ball Trainer

Postby ickpoc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:17 pm

If you dont get the dynasty league off the ground, I have openings in a first year league that has all aspects of the MLB, including big minor league system, rule 5 draft, free agency, arbitration and player contracts.
The league fee is $75 & is H2H.
We use Sportsline as our commissioner service.

My email address is mailto:Ickpoc@aol.com

7 spots out of 16 left.

Paul
ickpoc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Classifieds