Mockdraftcentral 2007 Expert Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mockdraftcentral 2007 Expert Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:13 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:Perhaps it was a draft of the expert interns?

Good Point! :-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 473)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dicehound » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:23 pm

suppasonic wrote:Does anyone else think the Talented Mr. Roto had an absolutely terrible draft?
\

I did notice that, and I've noticed before that he's not a good drafter. Just my opinion, but he and the Baseball Notebook guy (can't remember his name) are two that I tend to laugh at from year to year. And not just because TMR is a funny guy, which he is.
dicehound
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Steve-o » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:52 am

dicehound wrote:
suppasonic wrote:Does anyone else think the Talented Mr. Roto had an absolutely terrible draft?
\

I did notice that, and I've noticed before that he's not a good drafter. Just my opinion, but he and the Baseball Notebook guy (can't remember his name) are two that I tend to laugh at from year to year. And not just because TMR is a funny guy, which he is.

David Luciani writes for Baseball Notebook. He does have a unique way of drafting sometimes, but I really enjoy most of his work.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LiveForever » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:18 am

Steve-o wrote:
dicehound wrote:
\

David Luciani writes for Baseball Notebook. He does have a unique way of drafting sometimes, but I really enjoy most of his work.

Is he still around? I thought he made a big deal about retiring at the end of last season.
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DSheppard » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:21 am

i couldnt help but chuckle when i saw felipe lopez taken as the 1st pick in the 4th round.

i just got done taking him in the 15th round yesterday.

the reality is somewhere in between, but 4th round? come on.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:21 pm

DSheppard wrote:i couldnt help but chuckle when i saw felipe lopez taken as the 1st pick in the 4th round.

Agreed, but I guess the question I'd have to ask you is how the heck did you not draft him in the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th rounds? Is this a 6-team league? 8-o
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby DSheppard » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:59 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
DSheppard wrote:i couldnt help but chuckle when i saw felipe lopez taken as the 1st pick in the 4th round.

Agreed, but I guess the question I'd have to ask you is how the heck did you not draft him in the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th rounds? Is this a 6-team league? 8-o

because i had lots of speed already and jose reyes at short, and really wanted kinsler as my 2b. when i didnt end up with kinsler i happily grabbed felipe.

and its a normal 12 teamer that actually was fairly similar to most mock drafts except for a few players that went early or fell.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers