Mockdraftcentral 2007 Expert Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mockdraftcentral 2007 Expert Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FrankGore » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:46 am

if the even rounds are backwards that means the first team got Pujols, Tex and Hafner. Can you imagine anyone standing up to that kind of power??? These expert drafts are pretty crappy.
FrankGore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 92
Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ukrneal » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:14 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Who in their right mind takes Mauer before Holliday, Berkman, Carlos Lee and Miguel Cabrera????


They play with 2 catchers (at least, that was the setup). Check out the commentary during the draft as to why it was done.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2322
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ukrneal » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:17 am

FrankGore wrote:if the even rounds are backwards that means the first team got Pujols, Tex and Hafner. Can you imagine anyone standing up to that kind of power??? These expert drafts are pretty crappy.


Too many were scared off by the position eligibility on Hafner.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2322
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby suppasonic » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:21 am

Does anyone else think the Talented Mr. Roto had an absolutely terrible draft?
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Postby FrankGore » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:08 pm

ukrneal wrote:
FrankGore wrote:if the even rounds are backwards that means the first team got Pujols, Tex and Hafner. Can you imagine anyone standing up to that kind of power??? These expert drafts are pretty crappy.


Too many were scared off by the position eligibility on Hafner.

whats the big deal, just put him at DH and watch the magic happen. Numbers are numbers and stats are stats, and hafner puts up stats
FrankGore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 92
Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ukrneal » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:16 am

FrankGore wrote:
ukrneal wrote:
FrankGore wrote:if the even rounds are backwards that means the first team got Pujols, Tex and Hafner. Can you imagine anyone standing up to that kind of power??? These expert drafts are pretty crappy.


Too many were scared off by the position eligibility on Hafner.

whats the big deal, just put him at DH and watch the magic happen. Numbers are numbers and stats are stats, and hafner puts up stats


My experiemce has been (and this goes back to Edgar Martinez when he played for Seattle in the '90's) that this artificially lowers a player's value by 3-5 ranks (or more) due to perceived risks in less flexibility. I tend to agree with you, but this seems to be common.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2322
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FrankGore » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:29 am

just a question for you: does it lower the players perceived value? or his actual value? I know it makes the roster less flexible, but his stats blow almost every other power guy away.
FrankGore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 92
Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:50 am

Flexibility is overrated. The UT spot is just as valuable as any other IME.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby ukrneal » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:53 am

FrankGore wrote:just a question for you: does it lower the players perceived value? or his actual value? I know it makes the roster less flexible, but his stats blow almost every other power guy away.


I think it is mostly perception. But then again, the draft is all about perception.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2322
Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am

Amazinz wrote:Flexibility is overrated.

For a healthy team it is overrated. For an injury riddled team, flexibility is a must.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 272)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Izenhart and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 16:21 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact