MLB 2K7 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

MLB 2K7

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:38 pm

Yeah, swing stick takes a while to get used to it, but once you do, it's a great feature and makes it feel like you're really hitting instead of just tapping "A" or something.

To use the batter's eye, press the left thumbstick. You'll see a little grey "eye" appear... move it to wear you think the pitch will be. If you guess right, you'll see where the ball will end up, outlined in white. On these "meat balls", you have a better chance to hit the ball, especially for homers.

I finally got the Moonshot achievement btw - Brad Hawpe hit a 456 foot blast to center field! ;-D
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:54 pm

I've had this game for three days and I think I've had 6 homers robbed from me because the outfielder scaled the wall (Gary Matthews Jr. style) and took it away. It happens WAY too often... very weird and aggravating.

I've finally learned how to use the swing stick though, and it's a lot better than regular classic mode ;-D
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:45 am

sportsaddict wrote:I've had this game for three days and I think I've had 6 homers robbed from me because the outfielder scaled the wall (Gary Matthews Jr. style) and took it away. It happens WAY too often... very weird and aggravating.

I've finally learned how to use the swing stick though, and it's a lot better than regular classic mode ;-D

Yeah, the OF defense is a HUGE issue. It happens all the time. First of all, that many balls shouldn't be hit out, and secondly, you can't have every OF making ridiculous catches on half of them.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Re:

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:31 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:I've had this game for three days and I think I've had 6 homers robbed from me because the outfielder scaled the wall (Gary Matthews Jr. style) and took it away. It happens WAY too often... very weird and aggravating.

Yeah, the OF defense is a HUGE issue. It happens all the time. First of all, that many balls shouldn't be hit out, and secondly, you can't have every OF making ridiculous catches on half of them.

I think the creators probably realized it was too easy to hit homers- and then tried to make up for it.

That's my theory for the day. :>
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: MLB 2K7

Postby os_gamejunkie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Not a big fan of this series. First of all, no improvements with each installment. Poor minor league system, defense is not fun to play. Pitching is ok and the graphics are terrible. My game is MVP 05 and I still play it. Amazes me how this game has Alfonso Soriano's HR animation which is two years old and 2K7 does not.
os_gamejunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: MLB 2K7

Postby Brandaddy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:56 pm

ive had it since the day it came out and im loving it. im 34-3 online using only the Dbacks and Nationals(love beating the yankers and soxers with bad teams) yesterday with john patterson i K'd 21 mets gave up 2 hits and won 8-0 i think ive pitched a shutout my last 3 or 4 games. i dont think the homerun thing is as hard anymore for some reason i used to give up atleast 2 a game but now im keepin all those in the park somehow? maybe my pitching has gotten better.
playing against a buddy i hit my longest hr ever with carlos delgado against a lefty too, to straight away center in STL 488 feet. before that i had 2 with chad tracy that went 455 feet.
Brandaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Video Games