MLB 2K7 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

MLB 2K7

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Stejay » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:47 pm

We have annual baseball video games leagues in my neighbourhood for 10 years now, and I am glad to say I have won the league 7 out of 10 times. Against 17 other people. Beat that man!
Stejay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:59 pm

After a very long break (A month), I plugged it in yesterday with the updated rosters and did have some fun with it ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:10 am

I'm about 70 games into my season, but I'm currently addicted to Guitar Hero, so my season will just have to wait. :-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby free » Thu May 03, 2007 2:34 pm

j24jags wrote:After a very long break (A month), I plugged it in yesterday with the updated rosters and did have some fun with it ;-D

i'm a little outdated as i never play online, but do you have to have a Live account to get roster updates, or how do you go about getting them?
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sox 06 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:18 am

free wrote:
j24jags wrote:After a very long break (A month), I plugged it in yesterday with the updated rosters and did have some fun with it ;-D

i'm a little outdated as i never play online, but do you have to have a Live account to get roster updates, or how do you go about getting them?

I think you need a GOLD account to get roster updates. I have a SILVER account and I can't get roster updates in Madden :-[
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Stejay » Sun May 06, 2007 1:54 pm

I have a gold account
Stejay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue May 08, 2007 4:52 am

2k7 fell out of favor for me. it just got not fun to play for me.

as for guitar hero, im with you poker. i recently stepped my game up to expert and quite a few months of hard. i dont personally own the game but a few of my friends do. they're all extremely good, so they dont like playing me on face-off with me on hard. they make me play pro faceoff on expert so i eventually got better very slowly.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Anybody know how to make it so the Computer batters K more often in the games? I pitch with Liriano and Johan alot and i can only get 2-3 K's per game on an allstar type difficulty.
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby pokerplaya » Mon May 21, 2007 4:32 am

LukeW9027 wrote:Anybody know how to make it so the Computer batters K more often in the games? I pitch with Liriano and Johan alot and i can only get 2-3 K's per game on an allstar type difficulty.

Try tinkering with the sliders (the settings, not the pitch... :-b )
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:45 pm

I just bought this game today, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed by it. I think the presentation is just unbelievable, I've never seen a more detailed game. Some of the cutaways are simply perfect. So just the graphics, presentation, etc. makes it a lot more interesting.

The pitching is awesome. I actually feel as if I'm a pitcher, making the right pitches in the right situations. The game makes pitching ultra-realistic, as you actually throw a decent amount of balls (as opposed to MVP baseball, where I threw about 2 balls a game). Instead of booming every pitch for a strike, it makes the game more realistic because obviously a pitcher doesn't throw a strike on every pitch. I thought the pitching was the game's best attribute.

The fielding was all right, I thought it was a bit too complicated but I'll have to get used to it. It's hard to gauge where the balls going at times but overall it was ok. I had no real problems with it.

The hitting is hard at first when using the swing stick, and I haven't gotten used to it yet. Any tips? I've had trouble with it, as I keep accidently bunting because I keep clicking the right analog stick (I have it for Xbox 360). What is this batter's eye deal? I don't really get that but I'll have to look into it.

Overall, very good game. I am pretty impressed even though I only played one game.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games