Bonds Failed Amphetamine Drug Test! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds Failed Amphetamine Drug Test!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:The one thing i can say about Barry is that there is no way he confused his locker with Sweeny's. The dude has his own section of the locker room and has like 3 Lockers all to himself. No one touches his stuff and he isn't using someone elses.


Maybe he was stoned? LOL...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:50 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
You dont think that since it is a new contract (potentially) that the Giants might reconsider having those trainers there? Its been noted that they were allowed in the locker room before.

How are you 100% sure?

And did I assume wrong?


Before what, 2005, 2006? Or are you again referring to something you read.
Keep in mind, this post is referring to a test dated 2006.
I am 100% sure, because Henry Schulman is the onsite Chronicle reporter. Williams and Fainaru-Wada would have to come into to the park with a 20 person entourage (body gaurds).

Possibly ;-7 [/b]
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:51 pm

OREO fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:You're assuming that I am not!
If this entourage needs to be added to the contract and payroll, so that they can be granted access to the locker room, wouldn't you assume that they currently do not have those privledges. I am 100% sure neither Lance Williams or Mark Fainura-Wada had access to this locker room. So, to me, the "Game of Shadows", is also based on rumor and assumption. There's alot of that going around Barry these days.


First, you claim to know Jeff Novitzky (and his father) on a personal level (in another thread), and now you insinuate that you have daily access to the Giants' locker room. How is it that you have this access? Currently, I will believe two reporters who have gone through a thorough investigation rather than some random guy in an internet cafe.


That is your choice.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:55 pm

All this talk and we don't even know if it happened? This is the NY Daily reporting people.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:04 pm

OREO fan wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:Let me predict how this thread is going to go:

25 club members are going to defend Bonds to the death

Someone is going to come along and think they can persuade the 25 club members that Bonds cheated/used roids/is guilty and we'll have 20 pages of the same arguements that we already have 200 pages on.

So let's save us all some time here and wait until something that the 25 club members would consider to be legit/valid/official before we go through the same old arguements.


This is so true. When I first heard the new story this morning, one of my first thoughts was how the 25 club on here was going to try to spin it. "Everybody else did it", "It should never have been leaked", "Sources aren't credible". So far, I have not been disappointed.


;-D Even a positive test result isnt enough....

It must be that everyone is against Bonds and hates him so much...
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:14 pm

OREO fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:You're assuming that I am not!
If this entourage needs to be added to the contract and payroll, so that they can be granted access to the locker room, wouldn't you assume that they currently do not have those privledges. I am 100% sure neither Lance Williams or Mark Fainura-Wada had access to this locker room. So, to me, the "Game of Shadows", is also based on rumor and assumption. There's alot of that going around Barry these days.


First, you claim to know Jeff Novitzky (and his father) on a personal level (in another thread), and now you insinuate that you have daily access to the Giants' locker room. How is it that you have this access? Currently, I will believe two reporters who have gone through a thorough investigation rather than some random guy in an internet cafe.


First quote directly or at least correctly.
I played for Don Novitzky, heard of Barry Bonds and Jeff Novitzky during my high school years. I assumed that Jeff didn't fall far from the tree. I'll leave it at that. If I were to tell you who I am, that would make my posts less effective. And take all of the fun out of it for me.
Now if you choose to believe leaked information, that can not be verified, that is your choice.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:All this talk and we don't even know if it happened? This is the NY Daily reporting people.


It is also reported on the Giants site. I believe this may be true, if the team is willing to post it. Unlike the Chronicle, who did not run the story on who leaked the grand jury information, even after the person came forward.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:25 pm

Deuce wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:All this talk and we don't even know if it happened? This is the NY Daily reporting people.


It is also reported on the Giants site. I believe this may be true, if the team is willing to post it. Unlike the Chronicle, who did not run the story on who leaked the grand jury information, even after the person came forward.


I don't see how that matters. It all goes back to the NY Daily. Everything else is a regurgitation. And if you mean the Giants official MLB site, well the headlines section is on every team page. :-?

This is how the article ends:

Barry M. Bloom is a national reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:30 pm

It does amaze me though how out of 100 only Bonds name was leaked.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:40 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:It does amaze me though how out of 100 only Bonds name was leaked.


To my knowledge this isnt concerning the document with those 100 names but something separate.

And to Deuce - do you have access to the locker room? Or did you just hear about Bonds when you were young?

And of course it cant be verified - MLB wont say if he did or did not fail because you cant say the name of someone who has tested positive for their 1st offense. But what is some good evidence is that Gene Orza called Sweeney. Was he just calling to say hello?
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact