Bonds Failed Amphetamine Drug Test! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds Failed Amphetamine Drug Test!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:37 pm

Along with the trainers, Bonds brought a 27-inch television and a $3,000 vibrating lounge chair....the chair became the centerpiece of Bond's wing of the clubhouse, which expanded to include four lockers


What else does he need? You think this would be ok in New York?

It also mentions he slept on the trainers table when the other players needed it....what a team guy
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:38 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Deuce wrote:Was Mark Sweeney tested? Where are those results? Even if they were negative, why not post those too? Because if Sweeney's test proves to be positive, there goes the story. Barry had to be the only one doing them. <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>

23 homeruns, and watch how quiet it gets.
;-D


Its nice how he threw Mark under the bus...had to take someone with him. He even told Mark that he wasnt trying to blame him and that it wasnt anything against him. Good for you Barry - alienate one of your only "friends" on that team.

And you would think all of Barry's "friends" in the clubhouse (the numerous trainers and entourage he brings along) that he wouldnt have to go to Mark's locker to get something. I'm sure they could have supplied it to him as they have done in the past.

Have you read "Game of Shadows"?


What entourage are you talking about? Have you ever seen this entourage? You read far too many papers. These people you refer to as Barry's entourage do not work for Barry exclusively. In fact, the people you are probably referring to do not have access to the locker room. Please post from fact, what you have read in the paper, was years ago and no longer fact.

I have not read "Game of Shadows". I go to the park and watch up close and personal. I would rather see it, as opposed to being told about. The story is never accurate in print.
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Deuce wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Nice, Roids and amphetamines....whats next Barry?

And trying to blame a teammate who has never tested positive for the drug....taking the Raffy route I see

Its pretty easy to figure out why his name came out....he is chasing the HR record after all

But since everyone else took it and probably others have as well, that means it is ok for Barry because two wrongs make a right.

But why, if its not official, would Bonds try to defend himself? Just say you didnt fail the test.


Because people like yourself are vilifying Mark McGwire for not speaking to congress. Make up your mind. Do you want these guys to talk or not. Probably not, that way you can use opinion as opposed to fact. Now you have fact, and are still complaining.


It is two completely different things. Speaking to Congress about steroids in baseball and talking about your past is different than throwing a teammate under the bus. Mark just had to say yes or no to steroid use and be done with it. He wasnt going to blame his use on other player.

Bonds chose to say something about it and blamed another person. How convenient.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Deuce wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Deuce wrote:Was Mark Sweeney tested? Where are those results? Even if they were negative, why not post those too? Because if Sweeney's test proves to be positive, there goes the story. Barry had to be the only one doing them. <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>

23 homeruns, and watch how quiet it gets.
;-D


Its nice how he threw Mark under the bus...had to take someone with him. He even told Mark that he wasnt trying to blame him and that it wasnt anything against him. Good for you Barry - alienate one of your only "friends" on that team.

And you would think all of Barry's "friends" in the clubhouse (the numerous trainers and entourage he brings along) that he wouldnt have to go to Mark's locker to get something. I'm sure they could have supplied it to him as they have done in the past.

Have you read "Game of Shadows"?


What entourage are you talking about? Have you ever seen this entourage? You read far too many papers. These people you refer to as Barry's entourage do not work for Barry exclusively. In fact, the people you are probably referring to do not have access to the locker room. Please post from fact, what you have read in the paper, was years ago and no longer fact.


I'm pretty sure they are - "Game of Shadows" (have you read it?) and recently some shows this morning confirm it.

That's why they are still negotiating his contract - he wants some of his trainers and others to be on the Giants payroll as they had been on the past. He wants them to be allowed into the locker room.

I tend to trust those who are in the clubhouse day in and day out.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AdvRider » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Bonds on amphetamines? I saw a lot of him last year and if he was on anything I would have guessed like Darvon or Percocet … :-?
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 652
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 49 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality

Postby eftda » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Along with the trainers, Bonds brought a 27-inch television and a $3,000 vibrating lounge chair....the chair became the centerpiece of Bond's wing of the clubhouse, which expanded to include four lockers


What else does he need? You think this would be ok in New York?

It also mentions he slept on the trainers table when the other players needed it....what a team guy


A. You need to post your source of information if you want to be taken seriously.

B. The quote is old news. Bonds had his chair/lockers in 2000.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:15 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
Deuce wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Deuce wrote:Was Mark Sweeney tested? Where are those results? Even if they were negative, why not post those too? Because if Sweeney's test proves to be positive, there goes the story. Barry had to be the only one doing them. <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>

23 homeruns, and watch how quiet it gets.
;-D


Its nice how he threw Mark under the bus...had to take someone with him. He even told Mark that he wasnt trying to blame him and that it wasnt anything against him. Good for you Barry - alienate one of your only "friends" on that team.

And you would think all of Barry's "friends" in the clubhouse (the numerous trainers and entourage he brings along) that he wouldnt have to go to Mark's locker to get something. I'm sure they could have supplied it to him as they have done in the past.

Have you read "Game of Shadows"?


What entourage are you talking about? Have you ever seen this entourage? You read far too many papers. These people you refer to as Barry's entourage do not work for Barry exclusively. In fact, the people you are probably referring to do not have access to the locker room. Please post from fact, what you have read in the paper, was years ago and no longer fact.


I'm pretty sure they are - "Game of Shadows" (have you read it?) and recently some shows this morning confirm it.

That's why they are still negotiating his contract - he wants some of his trainers and others to be on the Giants payroll as they had been on the past. He wants them to be allowed into the locker room.

I tend to trust those who are in the clubhouse day in and day out.


You're assuming that I am not!
If this entourage needs to be added to the contract and payroll, so that they can be granted access to the locker room, wouldn't you assume that they currently do not have those privledges. I am 100% sure neither Lance Williams or Mark Fainura-Wada had access to this locker room. So, to me, the "Game of Shadows", is also based on rumor and assumption. There's alot of that going around Barry these days.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1039
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dwellin Cellars

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:21 pm

Deuce wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Deuce wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Deuce wrote:Was Mark Sweeney tested? Where are those results? Even if they were negative, why not post those too? Because if Sweeney's test proves to be positive, there goes the story. Barry had to be the only one doing them. <img src=/forums/images/smiles/kiss.gif>

23 homeruns, and watch how quiet it gets.
;-D


Its nice how he threw Mark under the bus...had to take someone with him. He even told Mark that he wasnt trying to blame him and that it wasnt anything against him. Good for you Barry - alienate one of your only "friends" on that team.

And you would think all of Barry's "friends" in the clubhouse (the numerous trainers and entourage he brings along) that he wouldnt have to go to Mark's locker to get something. I'm sure they could have supplied it to him as they have done in the past.

Have you read "Game of Shadows"?


What entourage are you talking about? Have you ever seen this entourage? You read far too many papers. These people you refer to as Barry's entourage do not work for Barry exclusively. In fact, the people you are probably referring to do not have access to the locker room. Please post from fact, what you have read in the paper, was years ago and no longer fact.


I'm pretty sure they are - "Game of Shadows" (have you read it?) and recently some shows this morning confirm it.

That's why they are still negotiating his contract - he wants some of his trainers and others to be on the Giants payroll as they had been on the past. He wants them to be allowed into the locker room.

I tend to trust those who are in the clubhouse day in and day out.


You're assuming that I am not!
If this entourage needs to be added to the contract and payroll, so that they can be granted access to the locker room, wouldn't you assume that they currently do not have those privledges. I am 100% sure neither Lance Williams or Mark Fainura-Wada had access to this locker room. So, to me, the "Game of Shadows", is also based on rumor and assumption. There's alot of that going around Barry these days.


You dont think that since it is a new contract (potentially) that the Giants might reconsider having those trainers there? Its been noted that they were allowed in the locker room before.

How are you 100% sure?

And did I assume wrong?
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OREO fan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Deuce wrote:You're assuming that I am not!
If this entourage needs to be added to the contract and payroll, so that they can be granted access to the locker room, wouldn't you assume that they currently do not have those privledges. I am 100% sure neither Lance Williams or Mark Fainura-Wada had access to this locker room. So, to me, the "Game of Shadows", is also based on rumor and assumption. There's alot of that going around Barry these days.


First, you claim to know Jeff Novitzky (and his father) on a personal level (in another thread), and now you insinuate that you have daily access to the Giants' locker room. How is it that you have this access? Currently, I will believe two reporters who have gone through a thorough investigation rather than some random guy in an internet cafe.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 267
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OREO fan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:30 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Let me predict how this thread is going to go:

25 club members are going to defend Bonds to the death

Someone is going to come along and think they can persuade the 25 club members that Bonds cheated/used roids/is guilty and we'll have 20 pages of the same arguements that we already have 200 pages on.

So let's save us all some time here and wait until something that the 25 club members would consider to be legit/valid/official before we go through the same old arguements.


This is so true. When I first heard the new story this morning, one of my first thoughts was how the 25 club on here was going to try to spin it. "Everybody else did it", "It should never have been leaked", "Sources aren't credible". So far, I have not been disappointed.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 267
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact