Revamping my leagues scoring system - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Revamping my leagues scoring system

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ukrneal » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:23 am

Mike_nyc wrote:I am aware of that, my post is to obtain any ways to even this out.

It depends on the exact system. Boosting Saves or lowering wins points might be the easiest fix, but most likely a tinkering of several cats will be necessary. Increasing the negative for losses and lowering blown saves might work as well. If SP are higher, it may mean too many points for K's or IP.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sjones1918 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:30 am

We used to score our games daily (combining monday-tuesday and wed-thu and then friday, saturday and sunday) for a 5-game week against one opponent in a 22-week H2H season...That was back in the dead-ball era! when we scored by hand....We cant seem to find a program or scoring system that sophisticated...any ideas?
sjones1918
T-Ball Trainer

Postby chipper » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:31 pm

Mike_nyc wrote:Appreciate the Input - I'm working on the assumption that Howard is going to be ranked somewhere in the 2-7 range in most draft. I guess it is kind of nitpicking and i will tinker with adjusting k's.

Remember, last year was Howard's first full season. Those K totals will go down each year, and walks will go up.
Last year, he was probably the 10th best hitter. This year he will probably be end up in the 2-7 range since his K's will be down and walks will be up.

Last year his K's went down by 2% per AB
and Walks went up by 8% per AB from the previous year when he played the second half of the season.
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mike_nyc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:55 pm

Great input, thanks alot everyone it's all very useful..I've been able to close the gap some. Will circle back when its complete
Mike_nyc
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner