24 Season 6 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

24 Season 6

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 15, 2007 3:20 pm

I'm not convinced he'll be back. It's possible that could come up next season but it's equally likely it's a whole new story IMO.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Hopefully this season finishes off good. I think this is the weakest season yet overall so far after starting strong.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon May 21, 2007 10:52 am

Two hour finale tonight, hopefully this show at least ends good. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon May 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Not too bad. The season as a whole was definitely the weakest one so far and the finale was totally predictable but hopefully the changes they're making for next year will be good.

And what's up with the end? He's still signed on for however many more years so he couldn't have killed himself but they only do a silent clock when a hero dies (and something that always bugged me was that Tony didn't get a silent clock).
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Mon May 21, 2007 10:02 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:And what's up with the end? He's still signed on for however many more years so he couldn't have killed himself but they only do a silent clock when a hero dies (and something that always bugged me was that Tony didn't get a silent clock).

Fox literally just signed 24 for two more years. When they filmed that, they didn't know if they'd be back. They probably left it open like that because that ending could go either way.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon May 21, 2007 10:08 pm

I just read an interesting thought on another forum. Maybe Audrey died? Obviously Jack was contemplating suicide but I think it's an interesting thought. Guess we'll have to wait a while to find out.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:14 pm

If I were them I would have ended it with this season
(though not with Jack killing himself like that, that would have been weak), as the quality of the show clearly went down this year. Fox is probably paying them big money to keep it around, so I can understand why. It doesn't look like any of the old characters will be around next year, so it will be practically like an all new show.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby JTWood » Mon May 21, 2007 10:16 pm

mweir145 wrote:If I were them I would have ended it with this season
(though not with Jack killing himself like that, that would have been weak), as the quality of the show clearly went down this year. Fox is probably paying them big money to keep it around, so I can understand why. It doesn't look like any of the old characters will be around next year, so it will be practically like an all new show.

If they do what they've hinted at and go to a two-city format and leave LA behind, I think we'll find that the creative juices of the show will be revived once again.

The only real trick is figuring out what sort of danger the country/state/city could be in.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby chadlincoln » Tue May 22, 2007 8:15 am

I thought this season stunk. I've only seen seasons 1 and 2 and thought they were good. Still deciding on whether or not to watch Season 7 or wait for it to come out on DVD later.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 22, 2007 10:19 am

zzzzzz....

what a terrible season/finale...at least i was able to doze off intermittently while watching.

i just couldnt find myself able to care if Josh got taken or not...it's not like i was on the edge of my seat thinking "OH MY GOD...WHAT IF THEY TAKE JOSH TO CHINA!".

other than the first few hours, there just werent any tense or suspenseful moments this year

hopefully they can turn it around next year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk